Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

I have noticed a lot of people seem to think trezeguet is better than El Ghazi. I would like to know why. Trez does some bits better than El Ghazi like defending and tracking back but for me el ghazi is just so clinical.

As it stands el ghazi is on track for 10+ goals and 15+ assists by the end of the season. This is unlikely but if he finishes with say 8 and 8 he will have done brilliantly. On top of that I think el ghazi has scored or assisted in every game we have scored 2 or more goals. A goal against Everton and Burnley with assists against arsenal and Norwich. For me he is also very strong in the ball and has great link up play with our other players. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I have noticed a lot of people seem to think trezeguet is better than El Ghazi. I would like to know why. Trez does some bits better than El Ghazi like defending and tracking back but for me el ghazi is just so clinical.

As it stands el ghazi is on track for 10+ goals and 15+ assists by the end of the season. This is unlikely but if he finishes with say 8 and 8 he will have done brilliantly. On top of that I think el ghazi has scored or assisted in every game we have scored 2 or more goals. A goal against Everton and Burnley with assists against arsenal and Norwich. For me he is also very strong in the ball and has great link up play with our other players. 

Agree completely, Trez adds pace but seems to lack a bit of composure and end product. Nice problem to have though

If Trez and Anwar were merged into 1 player, we'd have some player on our hands. As it stands, we need both. Anwar is much more clinical, but Trez is much better on the ball and never stops running both in attack and defence. We're gonna need both at different times this season. But as said, great selection problem to have.

• Like 3

On 13/10/2019 at 16:23, MotoMkali said:

I agree with the point you make. I do have a few things to add though. El Ghazi is a player that when we control possession and has freedom to play he can thrive. The problem with him is that when we are being pushed back, and he has little support he ends up giving away possession way to easily. 

Trezguet doesn't have that weakness. In fact when we have little of the ball those are the matches he has impressed in the most. I feel that when Trezguet has found himself in good positions he has been snatching at things a lot, like he suddenly gets nervous. I feel his end product will improve once he properly settles in.

We have only seen glimpses of what Trezguet can do. 

I rate both players, on current form El Ghazi gets the nod, but I feel Trezguet is more of a team player and offers pace that we miss when his is not in the team.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Haven't been overly impressed with trezeguet tbh

Remember how long it took el Ghazi to settle though.

Personally I think Hassan has been decent, not amazing but certainly not a dud, sure he will only get better as he settles and gets used to the Prem.

45 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Remember how long it took el Ghazi to settle though.

Personally I think Hassan has been decent, not amazing but certainly not a dud, sure he will only get better as he settles and gets used to the Prem.

Although I agree with you, but El Ghazi wasn’t lucky at all but not giving him chance. He assisted a goal against Reading in his first start. 

I think Trez is the better player but El Ghazi is more productive. Somehow similar to Hourihane.

Thing is he is still young and cost what, £7m?  I'm happy to have him play for 60-70 minutes then replace with Trez, then vice-versa for other games.  Anwar has contributed a fair bit in terms of goals and assists already but unsurprisingly is inconsistent.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Thing is he is still young and cost what, £7m?  I'm happy to have him play for 60-70 minutes then replace with Trez, then vice-versa for other games.  Anwar has contributed a fair bit in terms of goals and assists already but unsurprisingly is inconsistent.

He did a great job for us last season and was an integral part of us coming up and still has time on his side... Well worth what we paid for him and, although he can be iffy at time, he still has a part to play

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

El Ghazi the only one on the bench who doesnt celebrate our second goal?!?!

Looks like he's just looking to make sure it'll be given before celebrating. 

• Like 1

Â