Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

Just now, The Inspiration said:

Might be best as an impact sub against tired legs at this level, doesn’t seem to have the raw pace to be too much of a threat against PL full backs

problem is, we only have El Ghazi, Jota and hassan for the wing roles, so you think Jota & Hassan?

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

problem is, we only have El Ghazi, Jota and hassan for the wing roles, so you think Jota & Hassan?

This is why most people thought we would be a bit light in this department with just 3 players.

Shame we couldn't have got Benrahma or an alternative (Bowen?, Lolley?)

Edited by Xela
  • Like 3

Wasn’t great, wasn’t poor....first game at this level and we didn’t have the ball in their half much, I think people are being harsh.  Think he’s going to be a good player in this team.  

I think generally people are judging many players from the game based on 1 game, 1st game back at this level, their 1st game at this level, 1st competitive game at this level....all against a team that were at home and were in the champions league final last season.....

Edited by nick76
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Personally think jack and trez might be the way to go In the wide areas in the long term once Luiz and nakamba bed in. Guilbert and targett overlaps would give jack in particular a lot of room to operate. Essentially resigns Jota and el ghazi to being role players which they mate be more suited too. All depends on Luiz and nakamba mind you

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

This is why most people thought he would be a bit light in this department with just 3 players.

Shame we couldn't have got Benrahma or an alternative (Bowen?, Lolley?)

Agree with benrahma, missed a trick there I feel

Had a bit of a stinker really but not through lack of trying and those writing him off at any level are jumping the gun a bit imo. He beat his man a couple of times some good link up play down that left side. But that shot from about 40 yards out that went miles off target just about summed up his day I thought. He's better than that and we all know it.

• Like 4

I thought he did well in the first half but he faded badly after halftime. I think we all need to remember who we were up against today. Pretty much all of their players are better than ours and therefore it was always going to be tough. We did ok considering. AEG and the rest of the lads will be better for the experience 

He was average for large parts of last season so not sure why people expect him to step up and be brilliant at a higher level.

I really hope he does well but I’ve not seen enough on a consistent basis to suggest he will.

We needed another winger and today it showed. 

Reminded me of the start of last season. In and out of the game and didn't have a big impact.

Last season it took him a few games to get into the swing of Championship football, it may be the same again for the PL.

It's a huge step up and it will take a bit of time for players like El Ghazi, the quality of the full backs are hugely different.

He showed enough to suggest he’ll be fine at this level. Decision making was a bit off at times. In the first half he made a good move whereby he got in between the rb and cb but was fouled referee gave a free kick for diving against him. One step further and he was clean through shocking decision. The referee was a donkey. 

He struggled against Spurs which might mean his level isn't that of a Top 4 side, but he'll likely do well against most teams that aren't Top 4 contenders. This season is about doing enough to stay up and I think we have enough for that, even if some games will be a struggle for some of our players. 

Â