Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

9 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

That can't be true. They would look back on that one day and wonder what on earth were we thinking?! He's a £15m talent now based on potential alone, 23 or otherwise it's clear to me that with the right coaching to drum just a *bit* more tactical consistency and confidence into him he's going to the top. 

I think this is a big call - personally I like him and defo want us to sign him  - however wingers are historically inconsistent throughout their careers apart from the very elite - which I don't think Anwar is to be honest with you. He might well perform better in the premier league with less hustle and bustle to knock him out of his groove - but I can't help but think he will be one of those who infuriate and excite in the same breath.

Smith mentioning Ramadan has been a consideration for El Ghazi, managing his diet etc. This hadn’t even occurred to me.

Sounds like he’ll be fine for the next game, just tiredness.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Smith mentioning Ramadan has been a consideration for El Ghazi, managing his diet etc. This hadn’t even occurred to me.

Just saw a photo on the OS of Hourihane running off to celebrate his goal, with Abraham and Taylor running not far behind him, and then there's El Ghazi on the left of the photo, facing the opposite way, just standing, but bending down with his hands on his thighs, blimey. He must have been exhausted. Well, I suppose it was sensible of him to take the opportunity to have a little rest for a moment and conserve as much energy as possible.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Uncle Albert said:

Agree, we were so one sided

Adomah/Green have nothing on El Ghazi. Neither does enough. I know it's not his position but I'd honestly consider O'Hare out there ATM. Don't even know if we're allowed to, so tired of watching them two waste opportunities.

4 minutes ago, robby b said:

Just saw a photo on the OS of Hourihane running off to celebrate his goal, with Abraham and Taylor running not far behind him, and then there's El Ghazi on the left of the photo, facing the opposite way, just standing, but bending down with his hands on his thighs, blimey. He must have been exhausted. Well, I suppose it was sensible of him to take the opportunity to have a little rest for a moment and conserve as much energy as possible.

Makes sense, he was holding his stomach when he went down which I thought was odd.  Didn't think about Ramadan being a factor.  He still checked with Mings to make sure he was able to continue before coming off which was a nice touch.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Not sure how I feel about players playing fasted.

1. Very dangerous to their health

2. Will surely affect performance.

From what I know, you can make up for days "unfasted" outside of Ramadan?

Obviously a tricky situation though.

Personally, was my MOTM today.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yes you can but depends on the individual and whether they'd prefer to put their religion first over football. So comes down to how religious one is.

Some are very capable of playing to full capacity whilst in a fasted state, see Ziyech and Mazraoui for Ajax v Spurs, obviously for others it probably won't have such an effect.

• Like 1

I think he has great potential, I wouldn’t hesitate to sign him permanently in the Summer if the opportunity arose. He has such great natural ability on the ball, he almost glides with the ball at his feet, he’s a very elegant player I think. In my opinion, he’ll only get better over the years, you can see why he’s played for Holland. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dave J said:

Personally I was dissapointed with him today - however like most wingers he has he ability to win the game on his own come Tuesday 

Erm......disappointed?

He beat his marker time and time again today, put about 4 dangerous crosses into their box in the first half alone, hardly ever lost the ball on the wing despite having two men on him at all times......I'm not sure what more he could've done 🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Dave J said:

Personally I was dissapointed with him today - however like most wingers he has he ability to win the game on his own come Tuesday 

I had him down as my man of the match.

first half he was pretty much our only hope of a goal.

incredible pace and trickery, he’s a must sign for me now, especially at the supposed what £8m?

£12m gets you hogan or that other fat bloke with the dodgy gate.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I have no problem with it. It's not dangerous at all, it may affect his performance, in which case we must manage that. 

I hadn't considered this before, but now realise that must be really difficult for professional footballers as many fans like me wouldn't understand that they were fasting. 

I should imagine he was gasping for a drink after the game!

Given the circumstances I thought he played well, he was lively and kept running at defenders. 

Tuesdays game is in the evening and by my calculations he'll be able to eat and drink during half time and the  during second half. 

9 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Its not 24/7 fasting. You can eat when the sun goes done.

Fasted training is also a training technique used in some sports.

Â