Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

Need to get this lad signed up as soon as we can. If the funds allow it get him signed in January and spread the payments.

If we don't go up we will need to keep hold of him next season, or potentially sell him on for a lot more money. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’ve been saying that comparison since he signed. You can clearly see he models his game on him. 

If he has half the career of Ronaldo, we’ll have some player on our hands.

I am sure he wouldnt mind if he just got 330 career goals ;)

On 23/10/2018 at 21:31, AshVilla said:

Another one that can have his loan terminated in January.

Not fit to wear the shirt.

On 23/10/2018 at 22:06, AVTuco said:

One to offload in Jan.

On 25/10/2018 at 08:49, Vive_La_Villa said:

He looks like a player that grew up in a piss poor league where he could pick up the ball and skip past people. Now he is up against better defenders he loses the ball every time he tries it. 

Not good enough. 

Great to see El Ghazi slamming his critics. :thumb:

• Like 1

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

Great to see El Ghazi slamming his critics. :thumb:

Mate he was awful when he joined. Wasn’t anywhere near ready. You can tell he has worked hard with Smith to be up to the standard required. 

I never thought he was crap. Just didn’t think he was playing anywhere near well enough and needed to be dropped. 

I’m delighted he is showing how good he is now. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Mate he was awful when he joined. Wasn’t anywhere near ready. You can tell he has worked hard with Smith to be up to the standard required. 

I never thought he was crap.

New country, new setup, different ways of living. Some take time to adapt etc.

As for his footballig ability he obviously had a hidden talent just waiting to be unleashed.

He just came in under the wrong manager, thankfully he is still here and under the right manager now.

5 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Early doors he scored  goal and got a couple of assists, you could see his talent, just struggled with the pace and the system. Now his fitness is up and in a side that plays football he is thriving.

There was a system?

The thing with taking up the option of buying him in Jan is it frees up a loan spot for Heaton.  

Since Bruce wasted 2 loans on 2 keepers we might as well loan a 3rd!  Third time lucky and all that!

El Ghazi has been brilliant since coming on against Forest.  It's a testament to the coaching of Deano and co.  I look forward to seeing other players benefit from this coaching.

UTV

2 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

The thing with taking up the option of buying him in Jan is it frees up a loan spot for Heaton.  

Since Bruce wasted 2 loans on 2 keepers we might as well loan a 3rd!  Third time lucky and all that!

El Ghazi has been brilliant since coming on against Forest.  It's a testament to the coaching of Deano and co.  I look forward to seeing other players benefit from this coaching.

UTV

We’ve bought nyland out right.

From the rumours going around about Heaton, that would also be a full signing rather than a loan. If we do bring in Heaton, I think we’ll send back moreira.

Liking the look of El Ghazi, but I think it makes more sense to activate any clause we have to buy him in the summer, when we know what division we’ll be in.

20 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

From the rumours going around about Heaton, that would also be a full signing rather than a loan. If we do bring in Heaton, I think we’ll send back moreira.

Liking the look of El Ghazi, but I think it makes more sense to activate any clause we have to buy him in the summer, when we know what division we’ll be in.

To be fair I would want El Ghazi for 5m whether we were in the championship or the premiership.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Well I am not going to argue if he continues to perform and we stay down we should still use our option to buy him at 5 million and flog him for 20 plus!

Just now, MaVilla said:

To be fair I would want El Ghazi for 5m whether we were in the championship or the premiership.

Well obviously I would too. But if we have the option to buy at the end of the season (which I think we do), I don’t see what the benefit of buying him in January is, if we know we can buy him in the summer.

Wouldn’t it make more sense to spend what money we have available on a keeper, defender etc rather than on a player we essentially already have and can buy in the summer?

4 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

We have option to buy yes, but what if his form is consistant with last night until the end if season and a Prem club offer Lille £20+m? Does that not negate our option and we lose out?

Well to be honest, I don’t know if that’s a possibility. From my understanding, we have an option to buy for a figure of around 8million (not sure if that’s euros or pounds).

If he scores another 15 goals this season and someone else can come in and buy him for £15m then ok, there is a genuine case for us to activate the clause and get him “cheap” in January so we could sell him in the summer if we have to.

But my reading of the loan deal is we have the option to buy in the summer regardless. I guess a lot may depend on how happy he is here, he appears to be enjoying life at the club.

He's playing really well now but there's no reason to sign him now, we need the money for other areas and there's always a risk he could lose his form or suffer a serious injury and we'd be stuck with him. Activating the buy option in the summer will likely be a great option but how many times have we moaned because the club rushed into things and made stupid decisions such as Lambert getting a new contract after winning the first few games of the season. This transfer can wait.

Â