• Grealish
    • Kodjia
    • Green (Tuanzebe 64)
    • Hourihane (Bjarnason 64)
    • Hepburn-Murphy (Adomah 78)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/08/18 at 18:45

Really disappointing.

Nyland's mistake has cost us but so has generally poor play, heavy touches, and a lack of quick thinking.

We needed to really stretch the game in that second half and didn't.  There were several times when we were crying out for another man pinned out wide to open up the pitch and it just wasn't happening, or didn't happen anything like quickly enough.

McGinn still looked good.

Adomah is badly out of form and Jedinak isn't a centre back.

Said in the match thread that I hope RHM comes good but I don't think we can afford to give him the game time at this stage.  We need a more complete striker right now, or at very least Davis needs to come back into the fold (if he can show the form that he did earlier last season).

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Michelsen said:

Not good enough. Frustrating. Didn’t really create anything before it was too late.

Ref was shocking. 

Imagine how badly it would have panned out if we'd had the usual shocking anti-Villa ref? :lol:

3 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

Very lucky to win against Wigan. Very lucky to win against Yeovil. 3rd time lucky. Luck runs out.

We will go nowhere if we keep Bruce, same old same old. 

3-1 against Hull flattered us as well. We were absolute shite for large stretches of that. 

• Like 2

I know it's never as easy as the average fan thinks it is, playing 10 men, but that wasn't pretty.

Having Jedi on the pitch meant we STILL had to sit deeper, even with an extra man.

We really lack pace at the back and wings.  We had the ball in decent areas but no one would cross it. 

Ipsiwch were there for the taking.  Another defensive mistake costs us.  But even with that mistake, you'd hope to beat 10 men with 50 mins to play.

I suggest they practice 2 touch in training because we're often so slow in our build up.  No fluidity, no interchanges, no-one running through a line to cause out numbering. We rely on 1v1 all the time, such is our ridigity. 

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Like 4

For those wondering why we need a new left back see this game.  Hutton is fine at defending, and this would be fantastic if we were aiming for a top half finish. However we are not, we are trying to win as many games as possible.  Games like this need another avenue of attack, an overlap with pace and another dangerous outlet.

Is this result his fault, no, did he play badly, again no.  Hes just symptomatic of the tactics we employ...safety first!

If we want to get out of here automatically we need to take the shackles off!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Nigel said:

For those wondering why we need a new left back see this game.  Hutton is fine at defending, and this would be fantastic if we were aiming for a top half finish. However we are not, we are trying to win as many games as possible.  Games like this need another avenue of attack, an overlap with pace and another dangerous outlet.

Is this result his fault, no, did he play badly, again no.  Hes just symptomatic of the tactics we employ...safety first!

If we want to get out of here automatically we need to take the shackles off!

he just doesn't cross the ball quickly enough or at all

1 minute ago, Robtaylor200 said:

god it is so bad OMG its crap to see us playing like this every week

Initially I was pissed off at not being able to watch it, having to go old school and listen to a radio broadcast.

Then I was pissed off I had put myself through even listening to Bruceball.

Â