Quality Signings, Berger and Hughes.

trimandson

Are Berger and Hughes quality signings?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Are Berger and Hughes quality signings?

• Yes, both are quality.
    • No, both are average at best.
    • Berger is quality, Hughes ain't.
    • Hughes is quality, Berger ain't.
    • Dunno really, time will tell.

Simple enough, are Berger and Hughes quality signings in your opinion?

I've not seen enough of Hughes, but the Newcastle fans loved him, and I've only read good things about him, and I've always rated Berger, even at 31.

So I say yes, both are quality.

Over to you...

They were both cheap. I liked the look at Berger last season, he was the best player on the pitch when we played them away last season. But he's not exactly long term, nor is he going to push us on towards championship football.

As for Hughes. Well, its just at £1.5m a squad filler. Part of a leaky defence we put 6? goals past, and thats with our strike force!

You need to ask i we had these players and perhaps philips last season would we have finished higher.

Yup

So they do improve our team :)

Hughes is a bargin at 1.5 a very underrrated player a cracking right back.

As for Hughes. Well, its just at £1.5m a squad filler. Part of a leaky defence we put 6? goals past, and thats with our strike force!

7 actually Juge, and Hughes was on the pitch for every single one of them

I think hughes could be the more useful of the two he seems a little more versatile just does his job does not rock the boat no spouting off to the press not that i've seen anyway and could be a good buy. berger i have not seen much of the last couple of seasons so i can't really judge him but with a bit of luck he may work out for us.

Aaron Hughes - 21 games last season in the Prem. Newcastle finished 14th

Patrick Berger - 32 games last season in the Prem. Pompey finished 16th

superb spot

back to the days of signing players from below us

oops Sorenson and Gav were too

Aaron Hughes - 21 games last season in the Prem. Newcastle finished 14th

Patrick Berger - 32 games last season in the Prem. Pompey finished 16th

That really doesn't mean much does it. Alan Shearer and Andy Johnson are just 2 others that played for teams that finished below us but i'm sure no one would complain if we signed them.

GT Mk II players

Berger is DOL's Leonhardson

Hughes is DOL De la Cruz

with Taylor & Phillips likely to follow , i'm getting my A-Z out to start planning for life in the Championship the following season

Dont think there will be anyone NOT giving them a chance Lee, its just not the "wuality" signings people were talking about / hoping for I would suspect though Lee. Both may well turn out to be wonder players, even legends, but proabably wont.

Still as they are now Villa players we welcome them and hope they bring success to the club.

Still as they are now Villa players we welcome them and hope they bring success to the club.

Exactly Drat, but judging by some of the views above, I just hope that the Burberry brigade at the back of the Holte End do the same.

Dont think there will be anyone NOT giving them a chance Lee

You obviously don't know Villa fans then, Drat ;) Remember one website after UDLC's first game putting on their front page "Can I lay claim to the first person to call him Useless de la Crap"? You only need to see some people's postings about DJDJ, Berger and Hughes on here too.

You only need to see some people's postings about DJDJ, Berger and Hughes on here too.

God this is so true, DJ DJ has been given no chance whats so ever by some people on here claiming he can never be good etc etc. What load of rubbish and i will say it again Hughes is a bargin, playing in a regular position he will become awesome!

Both are quality, and better than what we have got rid of, but neither of them are the 'big' names we were told there would be 3 or 4 of arriving this summer. I still wait for the 1st of those. But Hughes & Berger will improve us - I just wonder will they improve us enough to stand still.

Â