Match Thread: Yeovil v Villa

limpid

2 minutes ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

I think Adomah must be really low on confidence. All night he's been shying away from the difficult option of beating the defender 1 on 1. Instead he's only made simple passes, Whelan style.

Think I just watched him shimmy round a defender & put in a crossing pass.?

Edited by briny_ear

1 minute ago, Czechlad said:

Moreira hasn't been bad. He has made questionable decisions, but if he can calm himself down, he looks to be decent. I do like how aggressive he is off the line. 

Yeah he is a manuel neuer style keeper super mobile & swashubuckling.. He may end up being very good indeed.

Just reading through the Whelan thread - he gets lots of credit for his defensive contribution but no one mentions what a liability he is going forward, stopping forward momentum at every turn - Grealish looks so pissed off with him! 

We must play a holding midfielder who can look forward occasionally 

Just now, Brumerican said:

Why ?

Big lad, and no fear. The last part is difficult to instill in a keeper. He looks nervous, but has shown some bright spots. He was extremely aggressive on the break away, and he comes off his line quickly. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Czechlad said:

Moreira hasn't been bad.

He's looked like a calamity waiting to happen all night. Punching balls he should be catching, charging off his line when there was no need, aimlessly kicking the ball straight to the opposition, double clutching balls he should have caught first time, etc. The only good point was the penalty save. 

• Like 1

Just now, ciggiesnbeer said:

He is sweeper keepr style. Dont get me wrong he is shaky af tonight but i see WHAT he wasnt to be you know? I remember Sam Johnson started awful too.

He's certainly creative, I'll give you that.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Now dont worry chaps, somehow we will scrape a goal and win the game then Brucie will be a genius again and it will be ridiculous to criticise because we won.

See. Told you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

Just reading through the Whelan thread - he gets lots of credit for his defensive contribution but no one mentions what a liability he is going forward, stopping forward momentum at every turn - Grealish looks so pissed off with him! 

We must play a holding midfielder who can look forward occasionally 

When Adomah was in acres a minute ago, his pass was short AND behind him.  Stopped the attack dead.

• Like 2