• Green
    • Adomah
    • Hepburn-Murphy
    • Grealish (Doyle-Hayes 57)
    • Kodjia (Hepburn-Murphy 58)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/08/18 at 14:00

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

Winning is a habit

We will have time to sort the rest out if we keep on doing the above!

Thought Tuanzebe and RDL deserve to keep their places for the weekend.

Tuanzebe did enough. Would rather see Elmo at right back. I don’t think any other player did enough to warrant a start.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

6 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

So what we learned is we are a few injuries away from being relegation candidates. 

We also learned that most of the people on here would rate Bruce's performance as manager as "average".

Wow.

• Like 2

I only saw the first half fully and brief bits of the second, but it doesn't sound like we improved much. That first half was megalodonshit. My sympathies to Yeovil. We needed the cavalry to rescue us.

I know hourihane scored, but he was so, so bad. 

The second string side can't have any complaints about not getting in the first team, but at least we have another match where these guys will have another chance. 

New keeper - understandable nerves, but he was decent kicking early on, handled it well at times and of course saved a penalty and clean sheet so he can go away feeling a bit happier with himself. Doyle-Hayes was ok, tidy-ish with safe passing but guilty of wayward crap like everyone else. Tuanzebe, wasn't too bad at times, but also seemed to switch off at times. Elphick, absolute islandwaste that lad. Cheerio, won't be playing for us again I would wager. Another centre half in on loan please. de laet didn't stand out too much, but I don't think he did much badly from memory. Andre, needs more game time, and Rushian was unfortunate to be stranded, and chasing godawful balls.

God awful, keeper and Elphick singled out for especially terrible performances.

Whelan did the usual whelan thing of being okay but unable to pass a ball properly and slowing everything down to a snails pace. He's never had any tempo or urgency to his game and that's why he's been bang average his whole career. 

Jack a different level. Codger looked lively enough, Murphy a Lamb to the slaughter. 

Overall no plan, no structure and basically a team that looked like eleven random footballers thrown together for the first time. Bruce 101.

• Like 3

Scrappy and shite but these cup games always are, you always think maybe this one will be different but they never are.
People say they don't care about cups but go mental when we go out. Well I do care about the cups, I agree we have to play our second string but I still want to win, always. I want us to progress, I want our kids to get as many games as possible, I want to look forward to another possibe midweek game at Villa Park. i want us to build a winning mentality.
These games are important. I always want to progress. I am glad we have.

Taylor and Tommy can go tomorrow for all I care. Whether that leaves us short or not. Pathetic excuse for footballers.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Thug said:

We also learned that most of the people on here would rate Bruce's performance as manager as "average".

Wow.

Including myself. Nothing wrong with the line-up he threw out there. He gave the players a chance to prove themselves. Probably should have done something tactically at half, but wait and eventually brought on Grealish and Kodjia. This allowed us to play more attacking and retain the ball. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Czechlad said:

Including myself. Nothing wrong with the line-up he threw out there. He gave the players a chance to prove themselves. Probably should have done something tactically at half, but wait and eventually brought on Grealish and Kodjia. This allowed us to play more attacking and retain the ball. 

Yep same here. He made 9 changes, it wasn't working so made decent substitutions. 

Fair play to Yeovil, they made it as difficult for us as possible. 

I note the criticism of the players, but do you know what, you have to give them a fighting chance.  Have a system, have a structure and do the fundamentals well.  We have none of those things so the older players don’t stand a chance, never mind the kids.

Now listening to Bruce blame the team, for God’s sake coach them!

This club is turning into a graveyard for players, the longer they are here, the poorer they become

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

So what we learned is we are a few injuries away from being relegation candidates. 

I think we learnt that there isn't an awful lot below first team level. Loans are vital for us.

• Like 1

Â