• Green
    • Adomah
    • Hepburn-Murphy
    • Grealish (Doyle-Hayes 57)
    • Kodjia (Hepburn-Murphy 58)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/08/18 at 14:00

I don’t understand why people are marking Bruce so low. If anyone had seen the line up before the game started many of us would have said its what we wanted. The fact that Yeovil put in one hell of a shift and the team didn’t quite gell as we wanted isn’t Bruce’s fault. At least he tried.

• Like 3

Keeper - Liability / Rubbish 

Taylor - Rubbish 

Tuanzebe - Really Rubbish

Elphick - Rubbish

De last - Ok

Whelan - Old and Rubbish

Hourihane - Scored but Rubbish

Doyle Hayes - Young but Rubbish

Adomah - Been Rubbish for 6 months

Green - Lively

Hepburn Murphy - Felt sorry for him 

Grealish - Brilliant

Kodjia - Starting to think he’s better suited out wide

The referee - Rubbish. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

Don't like the position of cdm, but if we are going to play it Whelan does it much better than Jedi. 

depends on the opposition, jedi is the best player in our squad at winning headers, maybe one of the best players in the league, if we are playing vs a big man up top long ball team then jedi at CDM is a better option, reads it well and can drop and win headers, if we're vs a team where we expect to be on the front foot and control the game (which should be most weeks if we were that way inclined) then thor is a better option that both IMO

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What on earth was up with Hourihane? Never seen such a shocking display.

Perhaps he feels his place is under pressure from the new lad.  If he puts in another performance like that he could lose it for a long time.

11 minutes ago, Stockport_Villain said:

I don’t understand why people are marking Bruce so low. If anyone had seen the line up before the game started many of us would have said its what we wanted. The fact that Yeovil put in one hell of a shift and the team didn’t quite gell as we wanted isn’t Bruce’s fault. At least he tried.

Nothing 'wrong' with the starting line up persee, but the tactics were shocking!

Lump the ball 50-60 yards to the smallest man on the pitch against 2 cbs who were literally a foot taller than him is joke worthy.  And on the odd occasion he does win it theres no villa player within 20-30yards of him. Lunacy.

Any coach worth his salt could have imposed a style of play on a squad by now, but we are still clearly struggling.

Bruce brought a mental strength and togetherneds which is great but he needs to bad this up with some actual coaching as opposed to man management.

I would love to see the attacking intent we saw under RDM coupled with the togetherness and strenth SB has brought, but i do not see that ever happening without a complete change in the coaching staff.

• Like 3

Well...err...

To be fair to Bruce, he did use the squad, he did give the youngsters a go and he used the first teamers at the right moment. He was also clearly livid with the performance. You could argue the set up wasn't bang on but it was a somewhat makeshift XI. I can't really blame him tonight.

The players however. Well the kids buckled under the pressure, the reserves showed they're just rubbish and the first teamers weren't up for the fight. Practically every player was awful tonight.

Moreira (kid) - 5 - Very shaky. Good save from penalty, some very suspect, and lazy, play at times

DeLaet (Reserve) - 5 - Very poor, no communication, limited going forward

Tuanzebe (First XI) - 6 - No major issues but seems physically quite weak, or wasn't up for the fight

Elphick (Reserve) - 3 - Awful in everything he does, really see why the useless Jedinak is ahead of him as a CB. And captain?! Get lost.

Taylor (Reserve) - 5 - He's so out of form it almost looks permanent. Offers little.

Whelen (Reserve) - 6 - Solid but so so slow both in mind and on the pitch

Hourihane (First XI) - 6 - Normally a fan but lazy and anonymous today. Point for the goal

Doyle-Hayes (kid) - 4 - If this is an indication of where he is, he's miles off the first team. Hopefully just not his night or nerves.

Green (First XI) - 7 - my MOTM, not great but kept running, kept taking players on but lost ball too easily

Adomah (First XI) - 5 - Not sure where he's gone since March. Doesn't offer much at all. Can't stand his smile when he's playing badly, feels like he doesn't care.

Hepburn-Murphy (kid) - 5 - set up didn't help, isolated and ball doesn't stick, easily contained and offers little more than pace from this viewing

Bree (kid) - 4 - How low can he sink he doesn't even make the starting XI for this game? Came on, was awful.

Grealish - 7 - Offered the only quality on the pitch. Needs to be further up the field though. If he'd played more than 20mins he'd have MOTM.

Kodjia - 6 - Awful, showboating, easily wound up, lazy. But then produces one bit of magic. Is that good enough though?

But we keep winning. Somehow. I hope Bruce gives the first team a wake up call, I hope the owners see we're incredibly weak in a number of positions and I hope we loan out most of the kids. This game has to be taken in isolation but my god it was bad. Yeovil were robbed.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BigJim said:

What on earth was up with Hourihane? Never seen such a shocking display.

Perhaps he feels his place is under pressure from the new lad.  If he puts in another performance like that he could lose it for a long time.

I'm not 100% sure what kept him on the pitch long enough to be there to score that goal, he was dire. But perhaps there was enough diarrhoea all over the pitch to confound Bruce and leave him not really knowing who to hook?

53 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Loved it.

Fluid, expansive, youthful, fast decision making and we won.

10/10 perfect away performance.

Elphick and Whelan really stood out and helped the youngsters.  Adomah made some really tricky runs.

Yeovil never stood a chance.

Nice one Bruce! Perfect team selection and subs.

drunk julia louis dreyfus GIF by TV Land

29 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

Bruce brought a mental strength and togetherneds which is great but he needs to bad this up with some actual coaching as opposed to man management.

I would love to see the attacking intent we saw under RDM coupled with the togetherness and strenth SB has brought, but i do not see that ever happening without a complete change in the coaching staff.

I am out of likes but yeah this would be nice. Bruce has got a lot right and improved us hugely since he arrived. But a better play style would serve us well I think. We dont have the legs or players this season for a fast long ball game anyway. Might as well try a short passing approach. I think bruce might be pleasantly surprised.

1 hour ago, hippo said:

I think we learnt that there isn't an awful lot below first team level. Loans are vital for us.

I thought everyone a while ago was saying Bruce should  play the kids ahead of getting other teams players on loan?

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 2

Â