• Green
    • Adomah
    • Hepburn-Murphy
    • Grealish (Doyle-Hayes 57)
    • Kodjia (Hepburn-Murphy 58)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/08/18 at 14:00

8 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Including myself. Nothing wrong with the line-up he threw out there. He gave the players a chance to prove themselves. Probably should have done something tactically at half, but wait and eventually brought on Grealish and Kodjia. This allowed us to play more attacking and retain the ball. 

When you put it like that it makes sense.

Not exactly a confidence inspiring performance. We won though as should be expected so not too fuzzed. 

Ricki Lake did a dec job and so did Tuanzebe after he pulled his shit together after a few horrif soft touches. Taylor was ok and Elphick is as stable as a uranium isotope.

Doyle McPoyle did not impress, Green looked p good and got close a few times, Whelan bailed out the CBs on occasion but is slower than a tranquilized sloth. Thanks for the goal Conor, but you need to do much better. A little nonchalant today imo.

Adomah is Adomah, the ghost of past footballers. Rip. Russian Hippie Mercy runs fast. The Codge needs to work on his right hook, he swung waaaay too high. Gresford is our best player. Every time. Class above.

Poor but these type of games are always like this, we have a squad that barely rotates, Bruce is trying to change that but you can’t make wholesale changes with little change in tactics and just hope it will work. Have to take the win and move on quickly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, osmark86 said:

Not exactly a confidence inspiring performance. We won though as should be expected so not too fuzzed. 

Ricki Lake did a dec job and so did Tuanzebe after he pulled his shit together after a few horrif soft touches. Taylor was ok and Elphick is as stable as a uranium isotope.

Doyle McPoyle did not impress, Green looked p good and got close a few times, Whelan bailed out the CBs on occasion but is slower than a tranquilized sloth. Thanks for the goal Conor, but you need to do much better. A little nonchalant today imo.

Adomah is Adomah, the ghost of past footballers. Rip. Russian Hippie Mercy runs fast. The Codge needs to work on his right hook, he swung waaaay too high. Gresford is our best player. Every time. Class above.

Great soccerball review :)

• Thanks 1

Thought Bruce played it right . Blooded youngsters (which we all want) and rotated the squad ( which we all want). It does show that unless kodjia begins to show up we're in trouble. A lot of the problem is that the ball doesn't stick to the front 1 (3 if you include wingers) is this Bruce's fault or the players, surely it's common sense to play the ball to RHM feet.

thought axel played well, and dh did enough. RHM doesn't look big enough to play as a cf imo. 

I actually was impressed with whelan, compare his performance to Jedi on sat. 

• Like 4

I don't like the way we 'play 'at all. We insist on some strange launch-it-aimlessly-down-the-pitch tactic, bypassing our midfielders and very often just giving the ball away. Midfielders don't get involved in the play, and when they randomly do there is no pattern or cohesion among them. Players like JDH - who I think has huge potential - will burn out quickly under these conditions. Grealish can change the dynamic completely but that's more down to him driving the play through his natural ability than Bruce changing the instructions. I just don't get what he's trying to do..

• Like 3

Didnt seem too popular in the match thread but I thought Tuanzebe did well. We desperately need another CB though, I’d be happy if Elphick didn’t put the shirt on again.

I felt sorry for RHM as he wasn’t really given options and expected to feed off direct balls as one of the smallest players on the pitch. The quality of football in general was absolutely shocking until Grealish and Kodjia came on, I imagine Yeovil will feel a little hard done by and I’d struggle to argue.

• Like 1

We came, we saw, we won. Oh and we made it look damn difficult on the way. 

No cohesion in the team or any tactical nous. No movement until the final quarter of the match. Nevertheless, the boost Jack provided has got us out of jail.

Also interesting to see a little bickering between Elphick and RDL. Maybe it’s because they care. Maybe it’s a rare insight into the group dynamics of Bruce HQ. 

1 minute ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Also interesting to see a little bickering between Elphick and RDL. Maybe it’s because they care. Maybe it’s a rare insight into the group dynamics of Bruce HQ. 

Having watched Elphick a number of times live at VP, I can tell you he just blames everyone for everything.

We had a few kids out tonight who don't get much game time. That was a tough game for them tonight against a physical team who were up for it. We were far from great, infact it was pretty bad, but the changes were made at the right time, and we won. A couple of positives tonight, and maybe one or two things learned. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, MackHaakon said:

I don't like the way we 'play 'at all. We insist on some strange launch-it-aimlessly-down-the-pitch tactic, bypassing our midfielders and very often just giving the ball away. Midfielders don't get involved in the play, and when they randomly do there is no pattern or cohesion among them. Players like JDH - who I think has huge potential - will burn out quickly under these conditions. Grealish can change the dynamic completely but that's more down to him driving the play through his natural ability than Bruce changing the instructions. I just don't get what he's trying to do..

I was going to write something like this, thanks for saving me the time. The only thing I would add is our lack of movement off the ball is severely limiting us. If we could add that to our game we’d come on leaps and bounds.

• Like 1

Â