Time Limit on Editing Posts?

chrisp65

Question

Hi, 

Just wondering if there was a time limit on how long a post can be up before you lose the ability to edit it?

Looks like I can edit stuff I've posted today, but something I posted back in jan 2017, I can't edit.

I have thoroughly legitimate and highly moral reasons for wanting to edit a post from 18 months ago! ?

7 answers to this question

40 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Just wondering if there was a time limit on how long a post can be up before you lose the ability to edit it?

Looks like I can edit stuff I've posted today, but something I posted back in jan 2017, I can't edit.

I have thoroughly legitimate and highly moral reasons for wanting to edit a post from 18 months ago! ?

There is a time limit. I think it's about 6 months for "full members", but I can look it up if you need more accuracy.

Please report posts which need attention, but the mods retain the right to snigger about your requests.

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, limpid said:

There is a time limit. I think it's about 6 months for "full members", but I can look it up if you need more accuracy.

Please report posts which need attention, but the mods retain the right to snigger about your requests.

Nah, didn't really need attention. 

Basically I boasted about picking something up for a tenner I'm now selling on for a lot more. I'd quoted the name and model in a post and its a rare beast so I didn't want someone googling the spec and finding out I'd got it stupid cheap!

Really not a big deal, just curious about noticing I couldn't edit an old post.

As long as a second hand shop in Hampshire relies on his knowledge and experience rather than trawling the back posts of Villatalk, I'll be fine.

• Like 1
Just now, limpid said:

I'll edit it if you report it....

Well there are 2 posts I made on Feb 14th 2017 on page 5 of the tech / hi-fi equipment thread that I'd like to report!

If they got wiped it would probably be a good thing...

22 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

yeah, I'm all about the romance.

I'd be fairly confident that later that day I'd have turned my attention to giving my loved one a toblerone or some such.

My euphemism detector is flashing.

• Haha 1