Pre Match Thread

theboyangel

First chance of the season for the fringe players and youngsters to stake a claim. 

I imagine Bruce will make a host of changes for this

wouldnt mind seeing this.. 

....................Moriera

RDL...Elphick... Bedeau...Taylor

......................Whelan

Adomah.Lansbury.Doyle-Hayes.Green

..............Hepburn-Murphy

• Like 1

Should be interesting, maybe:

----------------------------Moriera---------------------------

Bree----------Elphick---------Tuanzebe-------Taylor

------------------------Doyle Hayes-----------------------

-----------------Lansbury-------Hourihane-----------

Blackett-Taylor-------------------------------Adomah

---------------------Hepburn-Murphy-------------------

• Like 4

I would like an eye on the Brentford game myself. If rotation is the name of the game this season I'd say our best XI (Whatever that is!) raring to go next Weds is paramount. Ipswich on Saturday and Reading a week after should be able to be handled with a little rotation. That said, Yeovil deserve respect but surely a game for the Doyle-Hayes's, Suliman's and Taylor Blacketts's of this world.

13 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Rest the team. Brentford is the big one. We need to beat them ffs dint care about this cup we won’t win

This except Ipswich is our next league game. Just play any lad that needs a game but overall this competition should be one we use as a training exercise. 

Edited by villa89

6 minutes ago, villa89 said:

This except Ipswich is our next league game. Just play any lad that needs a game but overall this competition should be one we use as a training exercise. 

Yes you are correct. I'd rather give players like moreia bree, Doyle hayes and RHM game time.

I'd play adomah though as I think he needs a goal and this may be a good opportunity for him to break that duck.

If we lose I couldn't care less about this game. Ipswich and brentford are much more important  

• Like 1

Couldn't really care less about the result but always nice to carry on the winning momentum before Ipswich & Brentford.

I would start a much weakened team with a lot of the young players but maybe keep Kodjia on in the hope he can bang a few in and regain some confidence 

You can say you don’t care about this competition but look what happened when we lost to Luton two years ago. Sky want the same result that’s why they’ve put us on. Let’s win.

Moreira

Bree Tuanzebe Chester Taylor

Lansbury Hourihane

Adomah McGinn Green

RHM

Bench - Nyland, De Laet, Elphick, Whelan, Doyle-Hayes, Bjarnason, Kodjia

One thing I've learnt is that whatever team I pick it wont be the same one Bruce does but anyway here goes. 

Moreira 

De Laet   Chester   Tuanzebe  Taylor

Doyle-Hayes

Lansbury           Hourihane 

Adomah                                 Kodjia

RHM 

Feel like the Kodj really needs a goal and playing wider might help him get on the ball more and build up his confidence a bit. Think RHM deserves a chance to show what he can do from the start. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, villaglint said:

One thing I've learnt is that whatever team I pick it wont be the same one Bruce does but anyway here goes. 

Moreira 

De Laet   Chester   Tuanzebe  Taylor

Doyle-Hayes

Lansbury           Hourihane 

Adomah                                 Kodjia

RHM 

Feel like the Kodj really needs a goal and playing wider might help him get on the ball more and build up his confidence a bit. Think RHM deserves a chance to show what he can do from the start. 

I like that, both Adomah and Kodjia would benefit from goals at this stage. 

I think we should play the 7 that started subs on Sat bar Whelen, then give De Laet, Bree and Lansbury a start as they are obviously close to the first team. Tuanzebe should start at CB to get him used to that spot for us. That leaves 1 spot for one other youngster to stake a claim in a position that is needed in the first team. So my 11 would be as follows as I feel Doyle Hayes although a promising prospect is firmly 7th choice at CM, and Davis isn't fit yet sadly. 

--------Da Laet----Lansbury----Hourihane--------

Blackett-Taylor------------------------------Adomah

Winning breeds confidence. Yes the Ipswich & Brentford games are very important but we got lucky against Wigan at the weekend, and a good win with fringe players taking their chance and putting some pressure on the regular starters would set us up nicely I feel. I want us to win this and win it well.

That being said; 

--------Lansbury-------Bjarnason--------Hourihane

------------Adomah----------------------Green------------

--------------------Hepburn-Murphy------------------

Bring on maybe McGinn, RDL, and Kodija to hopefully see it out and get some much needed minutes/confidence. 

• Like 1

On 12/08/2018 at 15:34, The Fun Factory said:

I would perhaps go Moiera, Bree-Elphick-De Laet-Bree, with a centre mid of Whelans-Lansbury and Bjarnason, and Hepburn-Murphy-Green and Kodja up top.

I like your cunning plan of playing Bree in both FB positions. 

Play all the Brees! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 12/08/2018 at 16:27, OutByEaster? said:

Should be interesting, maybe:

------------------------Doyle Hayes-----------------------

-----------------Lansbury-------Hourihane-----------

Blackett-Taylor-------------------------------Adomah

If Bruce is going to opt for the 4-1-4-1 and not the two holding that we saw against wigan then we shoudl play that shape with as many of the youngsters as possible, stand them in better stead to slot straight in to the first team if they are training and playing in teh shape that we'll be mostly playing this season...

1 hour ago, romavillan said:

If Bruce is going to opt for the 4-1-4-1 and not the two holding that we saw against wigan then we shoudl play that shape with as many of the youngsters as possible, stand them in better stead to slot straight in to the first team if they are training and playing in teh shape that we'll be mostly playing this season...

I thought we played that shape - with Bjarnason the holding midfielder and Grealish and McGinn in front. It's Bruce's standard.