Pre-match Thread

alreadyexists

On 17/08/2018 at 03:12, 8pints said:

320-headshot-nyland-2018-claret.jpg

320-headshot-delaet-2017-claret.jpg320-headshot-tuanzebe-2017-claret.jpg320-headshot-chester-2017-claret.jpg320-headshot-hutton-2017-claret.jpg

320-headshot-grealish-2017-claret.jpg320-headshot-hourihane-2017-claret.jpg320-headshot-mcginn-2018.jpg

320-headshot-elmohamady-2017-claret.jpg320-headshot-kodjia-2017-claret.jpg320-headshot-green-2017-claret.jpg

Yep, Hutton in the DM role for a 3-1-3-3 formation, not as left back and nothing to do with the pictures being too big to fit 4 in a line.

Win 2-0 ?

Bloody hell, it’s like a line up of sex offenders.

• Haha 2

Get at them early, once we score they will lose confidence and collapse. 

Nyland 

Elmo.     Tuanzebe Chester. Hutton 

Whelan

McGinn Hourihane 

Adomah.  Grealish  

Kodjia

Is RDL still suspended? If not, I'd go:

Nyland

RDL Chester Axel Hutton

McGinn Hourihane

Grealish

Elmo                         Green

Kodjia

3 hours ago, villan-scott said:

I can see Bruce reverting to Jedinak at centre back again to combat the aerial threat of Ipswich. 

Even though we have a 6ft natural centre back in Tuanzebe.

Then again he might be our striker today so we will need Jedinak to plug the hole right enough.

All the threat will come from their right hand side. Edwards has had a really impressive start to the season and was particularly dangerous v Blackburn. Unfortunately that is our weaker side so I'd be surprised not to see Adomah playing on the left again to support Neil Taylor. Unless of course Bruce moves Hutton to left back like last season. Otherwise they don't have much going forward from what I have seen, although they have signed Jackson and Nolan from League One.

Defensively they seem quite suspect, and I think its a game where we need to take it to them and we will be rewarded. Again Blackburn had a lot of fun going forward and they didn't really have to try too hard to get the opportunities. 

It's a game we should be winning, however the Villa way is that we come away with a disappointing loss or 0-0 draw with lack of threat going forward.

It'll certainly be tougher than last season.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

All the threat will come from their right hand side. Edwards has had a really impressive start to the season and was particularly dangerous v Blackburn. Unfortunately that is our weaker side so I'd be surprised not to see Adomah playing on the left again to support Neil Taylor. Unless of course Bruce moves Hutton to left back like last season. Otherwise they don't have much going forward from what I have seen, although they have signed Jackson and Nolan from League One.

Defensively they seem quite suspect, and I think its a game where we need to take it to them and we will be rewarded. Again Blackburn had a lot of fun going forward and they didn't really have to try too hard to get the opportunities. 

It's a game we should be winning, however the Villa way is that we come away with a disappointing loss or 0-0 draw with lack of threat going forward.

It'll certainly be tougher than last season.

We want to take them away from their preferred methods, and to do so requires knowing the soul of their team. Thanks for the post.

Also agree that in some games it is necessary to make the most of our superiority on the ball and play not only an attacking brand but possession based play.

Nyland

Elmo Tuanzebe Chester Hutton

Hourihane McGinn

Adomah Grealish Green

Kodjia

I don't see much from preventing that team from winning this fixture.

So that's:

-----------------------------Nyland----------------------------

Tuanzebe---Chester------Jedinak--------Hutton

--------------------------Bjarnason-------------------------

Elmo--------McGinn-------Grealish------Adomah

----------------------------Kodjia-----------------------------

I have doubts at GK, RB, CB, RW and CF. Other than that, it's good to see Adomah back on the left (if he is) and I'm looking forward to more of McGinn and Grealish.