• Grealish
    • Kodjia
    • Adomah (Tuanzebe 64)
    • Hepburn-Murphy (Green 73)
    • Hourihane (Kodjia 86)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/08/18 at 18:45

Start of season momentum maintained, 2nd in the league, winning the opening two games for the first time since 1999... Birkir Bjarnason is a hero!!! 

Edited by robby b
Misspelling.
  • Like 3

Some good individual performances McGinn, Grealish Hutton, Elmo. But a very disjointed team performance. The defence looks suspect, but should be strengthened with RDL. A central defender and a centre forward on loan s essential. Thought the keeper was suspect, but time will tell.

Kodjia can't play as a lone striker. 

Thought McGinn was really impressive, with and without the ball. 

I think we'll find that Wigan aren't just another Rotherham/Burton. They're a really good side, and that was a tricky game for us today. Delighted with the win, which was always going to be difficult when you chuck in several new players.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Are the highlights on C5 tonight?

Highlights are now on Quest (Sky channel 144) on at 9pm for 90mins

Hopefully the coverage is better than C5’s turd of a show last season. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Green (5) Didn't really threaten all game; I don't think he had a shot and I also can't say as I really remember a cross. He was diligent, he stuck to his work and he did his bit defensively, but I'm not sure that's what we were hoping for. More to do.

He had a shot from 20 yards down to the keepers near post that was beaten away but agree, very very quiet in terms of getting on the ball.

Gives us much needed pace when we are trying to get out but needs games.

22 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

That was weird. I mean just weird. We looked weird in our set up and selection, Wigan played a weird sort of tactic, the referee was mungo-bongo, some of the goals were weird and we won in the 93rd minute. Weird.

Perhaps we should go for Alderweird on loan?  He'd fit right in.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Highlights are now on Quest (Sky channel 144) on at 9pm for 90mins

Hopefully the coverage is better than C5’s turd of a show last season. 

Quest?? WTF?? Hope it's also on Freeview. Off to fiddle with my remote.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

In a parallel universe:

Reporter: Thierry, 2 games and two defeats. Not the start you or the owners might have wanted.What are your thoughts?

TH: Well I will need time to build my own squad and buy my own players. I think the owners know what is needed. In the meantime I am hoping to bring in some of the older Arsenal players on loan...

Not convinced Henry was either wanted or would have worked, however, 100% certain that Bruce is not the answer and should be our past! Debate for another thread ?

Didn't get to go today so cannot really comment as i didn't see it. It sounds like a typically ugly Bruce performance from the posts on here though. Players out of position, weak performances scattered all over but a good debut from McGinn. Grealish getting kicked and falling over with little protection from the ref and a fortunate win with an OG and last minute winner.

Great start for us though and you could say we are playing poorly and winning which is normally a good sign but somehow you just know we are likely to see the same style and performance level as it's Brucies way and at some point the wheels will undoubtedly come off.

Edited by danceoftheshamen
off topic

Excellent debut McGinn - looked a real player. Looking forward to seeing more of him. What the various hibs fans said in his topic about him driving the whole team forward was spot on and he took some good set pieces too. 

Nyland was sold down the river by an awful pass from Jedinak for their first goal and looked a bit shaky after that. Johnstone looked pretty bad when he first came in though so let’s hope with time getting to know the defence he’ll be fine.

Bruce was heading for a ‘poor’ vote until he brought Hourihane on who assisted the winner. So he gets average. Disagreed with a lot of his decisions today though. No need for Tuanzebe to be played at RB! Get him at CB alongside the excellent Chester. I’d like to see Hourihane starting in place of B.B. too.

Two wins from two without having looked very good... Got to be a good thing!

Â