• Grealish
    • Kodjia
    • Adomah (Tuanzebe 64)
    • Hepburn-Murphy (Green 73)
    • Hourihane (Kodjia 86)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/08/18 at 18:45

1 minute ago, AVTuco said:

McGinn was so impressive. I love him already.

On the other hand: Kodjia is broken, Jedi horrid and Nyland a mistake.

Hard to rate Nyland when he doesn't have a defence in front of him. Any goalkeeper would have conceded today given the amount of chances Wigan were allowed to have. 

• Like 3

RDL will be back for the Ipswich game so hopefully that should sort out the defence with him playing RB & Hutton going back over to LB & Chester/Tuanzebe in the middle. Would imagine Whelan/Jedinak/Thor will be rotated in and out in front of them as a holding player game by game.

Ipswich actually got beat by Rotherham today so looks another kind game on paper

• Like 2

Not at his absolute best, but Grealish was still a cut above. Jinked past 4 of them at 2-1 down to win us the corner we scored from. He’s so comfortable on the ball, our only player who can take possession and relieve pressure.

From the new signings, I thought McGinn looked alright. Looks like we’ve replaced Snodgrass’ set piece delivery, which is a big plus.

I thought Tuanzebe looked okay at RB too, strong and quick and not bad on the ball - Bruce needs to play him with Chester now (less said about Jedinak today the better, he was absolutely toilet).

On Nyland, if I’m honest I thought he looked incredibly ropey. Couldn’t kick, slow off his line, refused to come for crosses and flapped at a high ball too... Only one game, so wont write him off, but all in all a pretty terrible debut.

Edited by Cizzler
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, penguin said:

Seems a bit childish...

Did you think we played well?

We deserved the win and outplayed them for the most part. Didn't play our best but the reason it was close was Jedi's mistake. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Daweii said:

Hard to rate Nyland when he doesn't have a defence in front of him. Any goalkeeper would have conceded today given the amount of chances Wigan were allowed to have. 

Someone who'd followed Nyland before said that he's a confidence goalie. It seems to be true, as he was wobbly all game. Hopefully he'll bounce back, but I'm in doubt. Another Enckelman likely.

6 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

I gave up following the match thread because of the stupid anti-Bruce hysteria. Now it seems to have carried over to this thread where we are celebrating our second win of the season and maintenance of a 100% record. 

Take a deep breath guys, reflect...

We won, we have 6 points from 2 games, we are 2nd in the table. We have scored 6 goals in 2 games despite having all of our strikers injured except for Kodjia who seems to have forgotten how to score.

We are not bankrupt.

Life is not as bad as you are making out.

I said great result, 6 out of 6 is a perfect rcord so far. Undeniable.

How would you say we payed today?

5 minutes ago, Daweii said:

They had three shots on target.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

On Nyland, if I’m honest I thought he looked incredibly ropey. Couldn’t kick, slow off his line, refused to come for crosses and flapped at a high ball too... Only one game, so wont write him off, but all in all a pretty terrible debut.

People thought Steers kicking was bad, I feel for Nyland as people will be expecting miracles from him and will get on his back pretty quick if kicking and catching like he showed today continues

Remarkable.  Two league games so far this season and we've won both despite being behind in both.  Now to address being behind in the first place ...

Looking forward to seeing the highlights.  Twitter was absolutely raving about McGinn so that's promising.

3 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

I gave up following the match thread because of the stupid anti-Bruce hysteria. Now it seems to have carried over to this thread where we are celebrating our second win of the season and maintenance of a 100% record. 

Take a deep breath guys, reflect...

We won, we have 6 points from 2 games, we are 2nd in the table. We have scored 6 goals in 2 games despite having all of our strikers injured except for Kodjia who seems to have forgotten how to score.

We are not bankrupt.

Life is not as bad as you are making out.

In a rarity, I kinda agree with Briny.   I was “Bruce out” before Bruce out was cool.   And I agree that Jedi is not confidence inspiring any more, especially at CB.  The danger sign of poor communication between Nyland and him was evident earlier.  Both times Jedi wanted or expected Nyland to come more aggressively for the ball.  Nyland is pretty new to camp and Jedi has been ill so I assume they have not practiced together much.  So it was risky of the manager to start that way and foolish of Jedi not to play it safe when there is not a good understanding.  That cost us a goal chief culprit Jedi, but second is Bruce.  

To me the bigger problems lie farther forward.   We don’t pressure opposition well, we slow down the attack too often.  McGinn was a breath of fresh air because he played with aggressive movement no matter who had possession.  My fear is that he’ll back down to the level of the rest of the team soon.  I still say Bruce is responsible for what happens and the lack of aggression, movement, and passing, but today was not as bad as some are making out.  And we managed to win anyway.  So I’m happy.

4 minutes ago, eholm said:

If anyone watched that and genuinely believes that Bruce is the future then I am staggered. Atrocious football, laughable team selection and no hint of shape, game plan or tactics. 

We will get left behind very quickly if we don’t remove him. Of course I’m chuffed we’ve got 6 points but in no way have we deserved them and our luck is going to quickly run out as soon as we play anyone decent.

The owners made a huge statement by keeping Jack; IMO it would an even bigger statement to sack Bruce and would have even more of a positive impact. 

In a parallel universe:

Reporter: Thierry, 2 games and two defeats. Not the start you or the owners might have wanted.What are your thoughts?

TH: Well I will need time to build my own squad and buy my own players. I think the owners know what is needed. In the meantime I am hoping to bring in some of the older Arsenal players on loan...

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Winning despite clueless management is pretty good. Bruce will spend the rest of the season trying to bang square pegs into round holes if he's allowed to.

Six goals and not one of them scored by an attacking player (Bjarnason is a defensive midfielder)  .... I hope Sawiris and Edens are watching this closely.

Six points out of six, but can anyone say they feel confident that Bruce is getting it right?

• Like 1

Â