Football Manager 2019

Villaphan04

started a new game as inter, had to tweak my formation to suit the squad they have (they have about 6 CMs but not really any holding or attacking midfielders) enough cash in the kitty to buy de ligt and pavon as well as get pelayo and 2 serbian kids (loaded serbia and croatia as other leagues)

icardi had his head turned straight away and was awful at the start, 1 goal in first 10 games, then turned it on and has about 15 now, im at christmas just beat juve in the league so im 2nd 3 points behind them, 14 games unbeaten, topped my CL group with monaco, spurs and atletico, biggest problem is the 3 star squad players moaning about not playing, theres a lot of them

• Like 1

ended the 1st season with a cup win and a CL win :D beat real madrid, valencia, atletico madrid and then PSG, 3rd in the league never really challenged Juve, ronaldo got something like 28 goals

2nd season yesterday....maybe the best season i've ever had on a football manager game! sold icardi, man city hit his £99m buyout clause, enabled me to buy a squad*, got jovic upfront who didnt really do that much but i had goals from everywhere, about 8 players with double figures, naingollan and skriniar (he will be my next £100m sale) were incredible, won the first 26 league games i think, 1st loss in all competitions came in the CL in mid april, only league defeat was juve away in the 37th game, drew 3 others, that was it! 105 points, record wins, points and clean sheets

* jovic, aouar, ndombele (he's awesome) akanji, damian who is shit but can cover right and left

the kids i got are hit and miss but the 1 is croatian not serbian, left winger from dinamo called antonio marin, he had a brilliant season

Also what i mean to to say was 2nd season Juve got higuain back off loan at Milan, pushed Ronaldo out to left wing and him up top, poor season for him and them, they scraped 3rd spending half the season 10 - 20 points off me, he got about 11 goals

and icardi got 18 goals in 33 for city so nothing that great from him either

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skills said:

currently trying the Dafuge challenge with Stalybridge and have got them promoted from Vanarama North to League 2 in 4 seasons.  Really enjoying the challenge so far

What's the Dafuge challenge? 

*EDIT* Don't worry, I just found this website called Google. Hopefully it catches on.

Edited by Hornso
  • Haha 1

I used to play FM Touch, but I stopped because I found the injuries were ridiculous. Seems it hasn't changed, on a journey this morning I started a Villa career.

First month:

Chester out 5 weeks

Grealish 4 weeks

Adomah 3 weeks

Hogan 5 weeks

Taylor 1 week

McGinn 6 weeks

I've played 4 friendlies!

Thank god it's only first team players 😂 every time I hit continue another injury comes up. Not even mentioned the 1-2 day injuries.

Edited by Dick

Grealish is constantly getting injured in my save. He's missed 15 out of 22 games so far. Broken toe, pulled calf, sprained ankle blah blah blah. Might sell him.

Sitting top after 22 games anyway, 18 wins 4 draws. 7 goals against. 47 goals scored.

for years i have played 4-2-3-1 and then had 4-1-2-2-1 as my second tactic for tough big away games

on my inter save because they didnt have a good DMC or AMC and i couldnt afford one 1st season i played 4-3-2-1, worked brilliantly, midfield 3 of brozovic, naingolan and then 1 of vecino, valero or usually gagliardini, in the 3rd season now and its naingolan, ndombele and then either brozovic or gagliardini, getting around 25 goals a season from the midfield (naingolan hit double figures both years)

7 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I hate communicating with my players too, they react it completely different ways I expect normal humans too. 

i dont

its another weakness of the game that they have been too lazy to fix or update, i dont talk to my players and send my assistant to do all the interviews, the scripting (and for team talks) needs an overhaul

• Like 1

Â