Football Manager 2019

Villaphan04

I am soon starting my third season and the goal is still to avoid relegation haha. Got the lowest wage budget in the division by a mile. Never get a solid transfer budget. Most I've spent is 250 k on a player. But I've actually saved up enough to construct both data analysis center and new training pitch. Which is something I guess. Expanded the ground to 8 k as well :D

The biggest pile of shit I have to deal with is that when I find good players after maybe hours of scouting, I can't even afford them when they are on free transfer. My wage budget is just a pisstake. 

• Like 1

Just finished my second season with Villa.

First season I won the Championship with 106 points.

Second season I qualified for the Champions League finishing in 4th. The title went down to the last game of the season, but lost 3-1 to Man United. I would have won the title but literally half of my first team were injured in the last month of the season.

Not quite sure how I've managed to get into the Champions League as my squad is pretty much the same as the season in the Championship.

On 31/01/2019 at 18:28, Dante_Lockhart said:

Liverpool are seriously overpowered in this game.

There's always seems to be one team/manager that's overpowered in every version. My last save on FM17 had Mourinho win the title and the Champions League four years in a row with United.

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

i had that in 18! jose was untouchable, for years it seemed to be spurs, in my current game leverkusen have won the bundesliga 3 years on the trot

It WAS Spurs for years. Every season their players seemed to be vastly overpowered.

I can only assume their researcher got a lot more exaggerated ratings past whoever checks them.

It's quite clear to me that a 4-1-2-2-1 with wide wingers, a 4-2-3-1 with AMC, or a 4-3-2-1 with 3 CM's is so much better than anything else in this game. 

I also had some success with 4-4-2 with wide wingers when playing Reading, but that's about it. No idea why 4-3-3 is so much worse than anything else I've tried. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

Â