Football Manager 2019

Villaphan04

Two things are seriously doing my head in.

1) the amount of shots I am conceding goals to. Swear I just see players running at my defence and shoting = goal. Every time. 

2) my assistant coach who has 18 in motivating, he manages to say after losing 6-0 " I am very happy with your performance". What the actual ****

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

2) my assistant coach who has 18 in motivating, he manages to say after losing 6-0 " I am very happy with your performance". What the actual ****

definitely come across that, think there is an automatic trigger when you play teams who have a much higher reputation that everyone should just feel plucky and happy to be there

i've been in the chase for CL places in the PL and smashed by a rival and he's spouting stuff about being happy or sympathising with the team

1 minute ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Liverpool are seriously overpowered in this game.

Oh yeah, in my Villa game they can go deep into a season without taking their first loss. They have just sacked Klopp in my save and most of their players are ageing, so i hope that's the end of them.

So I survived with about 50 points in my first season in the championship. About 10 points off relegation. Drew the last 5/6 matches or something. So my thinking was that if I spend 2-3 seasons stabilizing, building infrastructure and getting some solid players in, then maybe I can push on. Now I got my transfer budget for next season. £ 397 k. 

Just ridiculous. This is gonna take forever. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I love that the premier league teams have soo much money to burn. Just offloaded Ross Barkley to United for £45m + 50% of next sale. Too easy.

He's been listed at 12m on mine for nearly 18 months now and no one wants him from Chelsea.

1 hour ago, MickeyC_UTV said:

Who have you got as AC, Paul Lambert?

Indeed.

On a side note, I've actually do got a former footballer as a coach, Christian Poulsen. And he really must be the biggest moron in the game. He's tried to complete a coaching course now for 6 tries. Fails every time. 

• Haha 4

That American thing works, signed about 30 so far, released a couple, sold a couple for about £250k, got maybe 3 or 4 that I think will play this season

I'm kaiserlauten in the middle of the 2nd division, got no scouting budget so rely heavily on trials, not sure if it will work with villa because of the work permits and I think you would to do a lot of it to get players for top teams but it definitely works 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

That American thing works, signed about 30 so far, released a couple, sold a couple for about £250k, got maybe 3 or 4 that I think will play this season

I'm kaiserlauten in the middle of the 2nd division, got no scouting budget so rely heavily on trials, not sure if it will work with villa because of the work permits and I think you would to do a lot of it to get players for top teams but it definitely works 

Trials worked for me with Eastleigh. Quite fun truth be told 

I've got Exeter to the championship, doing well in my first season.

Just had one of those moments where you know the game wants to bring you down a peg or two.

0-0 half time, away at Bristol City. I'm playing really well.

48 - 1-0 Bristol City, long ball over the top and their left-back is in on goal, he slots it past for his first goal of the season.

78 - with 62% possession and 16 (7) shots to 2 (1) I make it 1-1. (Bracketed is SOT)

79 - I attack, they head it out, it goes to their left back who hits a long ball - but instead of going out for a goal kick, their player brings it down and hits a cross where they head it in. 2-1.

91 - I make it 2-2 - 18 (8) to 3 (2)

92 (injury time +2) repeat their goal which made it 2-2 for their third shot on target. 3-2 to them.

**** bizarre. I'd even brought on a third central defender, yet the player who heads in for them has zero attributes for heading.

The loss was determined by the computer at the beginning of the game. Nothing else made sense. 

Edited by Dick

whats the best coaching attribute to stop losing points from winning positions? i've thrown away about 20 points last season and 10 games in to this season already on double figures

i've only got 4 coaches (which is **** shite) so got to get it right, not sure if its man management, discipline or what

15 hours ago, Dick said:

I've got Exeter to the championship, doing well in my first season.

I just don't get how you guys do this. My first season with Eastleigh was a nightmare. Barely survived and while I've stabilized a little bit in the second season, I am miles off doing well. 

Â