Football Manager 2019

Villaphan04

1 hour ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Didn't even think my CPU was that bad a spec, can't even run 1 league quickly!

:(

SdXAJ1d.jpg

Are you on Mac?

FM19 has developed a problem running on Mac's since the last update. It has been unplayable for almost 2 months now and SI are yet to come up with a fix.

The last two seasons in my Villa save I have made the champions league final, both times against Real Madrid, both times I've lost.

Last season they scored a 119th goal to win 1-0!

Just now they have beaten me in a penalty shootout!

😭

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Sad 1

Am I the only one struggling with the foreign player rule? My academy only gives me utter crap and I can't find any good quality British players at all, relative to the foreign players I can get. 

48 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Am I the only one struggling with the foreign player rule? My academy only gives me utter crap and I can't find any good quality British players at all, relative to the foreign players I can get. 

Same with me, my academy at Villa is non-existant. My U23's and U18's have about 5 players in and they are all awful.

3 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Brexit means Brexit.

3 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Same with me, my academy at Villa is non-existant. My U23's and U18's have about 5 players in and they are all awful.

Think it was last year's game or the year before I had an incredible villa game, dominated English football, won about 3 or 4 CL, was closing in on Fergus in the HoF and still despite pleading with the board and piling as much money in to it as possible in 10 years I didn't produce 1 home grown player decent enough to make my 1st team 

Not sure I've ever had a good villa regen in any version of the game 

I don't mean to brag 😁 but my academy has produced 2 wonderkids, both playing in my first team.

The academy has also produced a handful of good players that are either in my squad or I've sold for between 10 and 30 million.

I have about 10 players in my U23's and U18's that I'm eyeing for 1st team football in the next season or two.

Producing youth players is one of my favourite parts of the game so I do focus on it a lot.

Edited by Villan_of_oz

On 21/04/2019 at 15:10, KenjiOgiwara said:

This probably sounds stupid, but after 10-12 seasons I still don't understand how player potential is evaluated. For instance, my most valued players is a Brazilian Igor with £ 35,5 million in value. He has 3 stars in ability and 3 stars in potential, yet he tends to play very very good. I have other players with higher ability and potential ratings, but they don't do as well. 

So who actually determines player potential? Coach? Assistant? 

I know this is an old post.

I don't play FM anymore, but if I remember rightly I think potential is determined by your scouts/coaches. So it is massively defendant on how good those scouts and coaches are. If they're not very good, then they might tell you that an amazing player is going to be crap. Or vice versa, they might tell you that a crap player is going to be a god.

The better your coaches/scouts, the more accurate their predictions on player ability is.

• Like 1

So after about a year and half as Spain U-19 coach (not winning anything noteworthy either) I applied to, and was offered the Uruguay NT job. It will be interesting starting out in the international levels instead of the club levels.

On 21/05/2019 at 10:57, Stevo985 said:

I know this is an old post.

I don't play FM anymore, but if I remember rightly I think potential is determined by your scouts/coaches. So it is massively defendant on how good those scouts and coaches are. If they're not very good, then they might tell you that an amazing player is going to be crap. Or vice versa, they might tell you that a crap player is going to be a god.

The better your coaches/scouts, the more accurate their predictions on player ability is.

Is it chief scout or assistant coach then? Or an average of all your scouts or all your coaches?

The issue is you can have good scouts but then when you click on one of your players it will give you the report from your assistant manager who usually don't have 20 ratings for player potential, that's why you can scout a guy and get him as 4 stars, sign him and he turns out to be a 3 star player, the report is coming from a different staff member

Click on the reports thing properly and you can select reports from all of your staff 

• Thanks 1

Out of interest what's the point of an assistant manager? Should I just get one that has 20 in player potential, and ignore everything else? Swear I have one with 20 motivating, and he still **** up most team talks I give him. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Out of interest what's the point of an assistant manager? Should I just get one that has 20 in player potential, and ignore everything else? Swear I have one with 20 motivating, and he still **** up most team talks I give him. 

i recently just did this.  I prefer to have the ability and potential stars correct then teamtalks and press conferences.   Just so happens he has decent other stats as well tho

Are you finding it difficult to get motivated to play the save now that all of the current players are retired?

I'm into 2025/26 and it's almost all regens with the 'young players' from the current era reaching peak/retirement ages.

Â