John McGinn

PompeyVillan

He's absolutely Prem quality. Mental to think otherwise. 

Fantastic tonight, 2 brilliant goals. I genuinely can't think of a better signing this club has made considering how little he cost and how consistently good he's been for us. Super John McGinn incredible player. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So Leicester.... Opening offers 25m or don't bother bidding. Thanks

No.

We have to get out of this selling club mentality, because it never works and always has sent us backward.

Just say we sell him for 25, 50, or even 80 million. Yeah, great. The club has made a massive profit off selling a player, but what exactly do we get to see? The money deservedly so goes into the owner's and club's coffers, but now we are down an asset that makes our club successful where it matters, on the pitch. We could use the money to replace him, but that is rolling the dice yet again, and the odds are against us that his replacement will be worth it. If we are still in the Championship, just how many players worth 20 mill plus are prepared to drop a level? The ones that will are your wastemen who only want to do it for the moolah. They only want to claim their loiterer's cheque, and couldn't really care less where the club finishes at the end of the season, and we have had way too many of those type of players.

Apologies for the rant, but this is something that grinds my gears about this beautiful club. To be successful, we need good players who are committed to the cause. Selling them only weakens us, sends us backwards, and just props up another bastard club. I want the days of us being a farm team for other clubs to be over. Successful clubs don't sell their best assets, instead, they strengthen. If we ever aspire to go forward, it is something we need to do.

End of rant, and I will take a little lie down. And UTV.

58 minutes ago, MrDuck said:

Almost every club is a selling club now, not just us. We don't really have much of a choice, it's the modern game.

Because of the way FFP is set up, that is definitely true. As for having a choice though, I disagree. Do we really need to sell our best players just to make ends meet, or do we want to have a successful season on the pitch?

2 minutes ago, AJ said:

Because of the way FFP is set up, that is definitely true. As for having a choice though, I disagree. Do we really need to sell our best players just to make ends meet, or do we want to have a successful season on the pitch?

We don't need to sell our best players to make ends meet. We sell our best players because they want to leave, and once the player has made that choice we're basically stuffed.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MrDuck said:

We don't need to sell our best players to make ends meet. We sell our best players because they want to leave, and once the player has made that choice we're basically stuffed.

True true. But while Super J McG is happy, and we are happy with him, he stays a Villa man, and all the plastic clubs can  do one.

Amazing game last night...such a complete midfielder.

This kids natural aggression is invaluable.....He has so many attributes, that is not easy to find in one player....I really hope we hold on to him.

To have a player who can WIN the ball with his regularity and Scheme, not to mention scoring Roy of the Rovers style goals.....He is a diamond....not since Alex Cropley and Sid Cowans, have we seen this.

We need to build our team around players like him and then and only then will we take up our rightful place.

it's been like signing and Andy Gray in midfield.....such is his impact.

Edited by TRO

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

controversial opinion but I think his 1st goal was better than his 2nd goal

Me too, both were great though. Need to keep him and Grealish but I fear the only way to do is is to get promoted. 

St MIrren aleady had £1.2mil from deal of rhe transfer to us as part of 33%  deal they had with Hibs when he was to be sold  after having sell him to Hibs with £200k training fee in place . Their fans think they will get even more when/If we sell to a Premier League club in future..

Edited by Villan4Life

Â