John McGinn

PompeyVillan

Was poor on Saturday. From the stands he looked absolutely knackered, along with the rest of the midfield. Against Leeds he was often pressing on his own, and looked like he had heavy legs against Preston.

He will play tomorrow, then will have a chance to rest up a bit for the the FA Cup game! 

I think he is a better passer , more inventive and overall better footballer than Hourihane Whelan and BB and yet he is working overtime doing their running as these clearings in the woods can constantly play dogshit turgid passes.

Something ain't rignt.

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Wouldn't blame him if he left us in the summer.

He deserve better than this, sad to see we won't meet his ambitions

I hope not, but if he does it should be for a massive massive profit. I assume he’s got a few years left so we shouldn’t be letting him go unless it’s for daft money, tens and tens of millions. 

It's almost a pity he wasn't booked today - he's desperately in need of a rest and without a suspension it's hard to see how we can justify giving him one. Missing Grealish has hurt, as has missing Lansbury - he's the player we keep around to cover in situations exactly like the one we've had over christmas where McGinn and Hourihane have tired themselves out. 

What I like about McGinn is his mentality, the legs are gone at the moment, but the mind isn't having it - he was excellent in the opening twenty minutes, a great ball in for the goal and as the game went on, even though he was struggling, his attitude wouldn't let him take a breather, wouldn't let him stop chasing things down - he's had probably the worst couple of performances of his young Villa career in the last week, but he's been nonetheless impressive in both, albeit not in the ways we'd expect.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's almost a pity he wasn't booked today - he's desperately in need of a rest and without a suspension it's hard to see how we can justify giving him one.

There's no reason for him to play against Swansea. Should mean he gets a decent rest before Wigan on the 12th.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

There's no reason for him to play against Swansea. Should mean he gets a decent rest before Wigan on the 12th.

Whelan, Bjarnason and Doyle-Hayes?

I'd agree, ideally I wouldn't want either him or Hourihane playing against Swansea.

I don’t think he had a very good game at all today. Goal aside he gave the ball away countless times. We conceded the goals from the midfield (as all three were off the pace) and due to our left back issues.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blunther said:

I hope not, but if he does it should be for a massive massive profit. I assume he’s got a few years left so we shouldn’t be letting him go unless it’s for daft money, tens and tens of millions. 

Not that much, if we were a pl side sure but we aren't.

Championsship players rarely sells for more than 10 mill. If we were a prem side we could possibly get 20-30 for him

McGinn is a funny one. I admire alot of what he does, but he is quite inconsistent with his passing. He has alot of potential but occasionally his execution for simple passes is quite poor. He frustrates abd impresses me in equal measure. I don't make him our best player, but he's up there. 

• Like 2

Â