John McGinn

PompeyVillan

Only my opinion obviously, but I think Saturday was his best game in a Villa shirt, definitely since our return to the PL. Considering the general concern about not bringing in any midfielders this summer, our midfield have generally played well since the opening day disaster at Watford, McGinn arguably being the pick of the bunch.

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

yeah that was shocking, i can see literally no reason in existence why that wasnt a foul, it was a clear a foul as i have ever seen.

madness.

And he's the last man so it's a red card meaning that VAR should have come in and alerted Dean. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, sne said:

And he's the last man so it's a red card meaning that VAR should have come in and alerted Dean. 

I’m fairness I think it’s because it wasn’t dangerous play, or a potential penalty. 
How I look at it is we got away with one against Everton when Konsa could’ve easily seen red on another day. The challenge on McGinn didn’t affect the result so it’s easier to take.

1 minute ago, Woody1000 said:

I’m fairness I think it’s because it wasn’t dangerous play, or a potential penalty. 
How I look at it is we got away with one against Everton when Konsa could’ve easily seen red on another day. The challenge on McGinn didn’t affect the result so it’s easier to take.

Maguire is the last man and pulls down McGinn who would be free on goal with control of the ball. It's a red every day of the week.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, sne said:

Maguire is the last man and pulls down McGinn who would be free on goal with control of the ball. It's a red every day of the week.

In theory, yes.

In practice, that gets a yellow card the majority of times.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, sne said:

I’m not debating that mate, it’s a definite red for me. I’m just saying Konsa got away with one the weekend before on Gray I think.

Edit: Sorry, my original point was about why VAR did not get involved.

Edited by Woody1000
  • Like 1

So once again here we are!

Surely that's a Red for McGuire?!  Right in the refs view and he waves play-on. That is 100% a foul /yellow or red if it's our player on a Utd player. Yet again we have evidence of the corruption from the FA. There is no way Mike Dean did not see that. Add to that the iffy penalty (Yet again occurs when UTD are losing and in need, seldom does when they are winning comfortably "as it happens") Surely Hause's arm is down in a natural position and the ball deflects onto it, at pace & nearby him. Let's put it this way.. there is no way we are getting that if it was a UTD player who'd done it and that is the issue here, the scummy 6 alone get those.

Ok we got the decision for our goal but that is only correct anyway. Every pundit, former ref who has commented have all said it was a good goal as when the ball was headed (which is the moment when the keeper should not have his view impared otherwise it is offside) Watkins is nowhere near his eyeline and the ball even came from the opposite side so he cannot be interfering ....Correct decision! Despite what OGS is attempting to portray.

The biggest mystery is why wasn't the McGuire rugby tackle not even shown on MOTD?! A surefire red card and they don't even mention it!  Bizarre!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

So as a season ticket holder and paid subscriber to AVTV, I can't see this because I don't have a membership?

Great.

They are trying to send us skint I think, all for supporting the club but times are hard for everyone and bleeding every penny out of us is poor form imo.

• Like 1

Â