John McGinn

PompeyVillan

14 hours ago, Zatman said:

well from how I saw it was he tried to trap it for himself but miscontrolled it into Hourihane path. I dont complain, a goal is a goal 

That’s how I seen it too. Great to see him play so well again!

Just now, BOF said:

Not to be the negative Nellie but that's also 2 yellows in 2 games from Tenacious J. Last night's was a **** doozy too :lol:

He’s always been prone to the odd yellow, wasnt he nearly on 15 in the promotion year?

Its not ideal as he misses games, but sometimes it does give him a rest to come back and be sharp again. 
If we make another Cm signing, his tenacity can be at its fullest and he won’t be missed during his suspensions 

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

Not to be the negative Nellie but that's also 2 yellows in 2 games from Tenacious J. Last night's was a **** doozy too :lol:

He was never pulling out of that tackle. Made up his mind around the halfway line 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

He’s always been prone to the odd yellow, wasnt he nearly on 15 in the promotion year?

Its not ideal as he misses games, but sometimes it does give him a rest to come back and be sharp again. 
If we make another Cm signing, his tenacity can be at its fullest and he won’t be missed during his suspensions 

Oh he's definitely 'prone to the odd yellow' alright, to put it mildly :lol: It's more the 100% record I'm worried about, albeit in a small data sample. A few games without one would be nice now.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BOF said:

Oh he's definitely 'prone to the odd yellow' alright, to put it mildly :lol: It's more the 100% record I'm worried about, albeit in a small data sample. A few games without one would be nice now.

If he could be more selective about when he gets them that would be ideal. Way easier said than done to change your whole mindset and approach, but in a game where every tackle is going to matter and the game will be very heated (like we can expect vs Leeds), or a game where we need to be fighting for every ball (like Liverpool or leicester) I dont see him being able to avoid getting a yellow card.

The one last night,  when we're 3-0 up,  was a poor decision.

Still my MOTM, but worth calling out to see what others think. 

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

If he could be more selective about when he gets them that would be ideal. Way easier said than done to change your whole mindset and approach, but in a game where every tackle is going to matter and the game will be very heated (like we can expect vs Leeds), or a game where we need to be fighting for every ball (like Liverpool or leicester) I dont see him being able to avoid getting a yellow card.

The one last night,  when we're 3-0 up,  was a poor decision.

Still my MOTM, but worth calling out to see what others think.

I agree. He could find himself with a red at a very inopportune time if he's not careful.

Â