John McGinn

PompeyVillan

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Only by dummies.

Not sure why there's so much "welcome back" around. He was great the final four games of last season IMO.

People should judge on performances, not match results.

He was fine last week. It’s just today he was outstanding. As I said last week he has set his own standard very high. He has a 7/10 performance and fans talk about dropping him! 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

On 25/09/2020 at 16:49, Rightdm00 said:

Grealish has mentioned multiple times about how his time at Notts was a huge part of his growth as a footballer. Really hope we sign another CM and send Ramsey out on loan during the winter window. 

All PL pundits/ fans are hugely arrogant. In the 3 years we were away they seems to have forgotten who we are. 

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The assist for the 1st goal was delicious, 2nd goal a bit fortunate but he had a really good game today

How was 2nd goal fortunate? He intentionally trapped the ball and blocked out the defender. Looked like training ground play executed successfully

7 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

How was 2nd goal fortunate? He intentionally trapped the ball and blocked out the defender. Looked like training ground play executed successfully

well from how I saw it was he tried to trap it for himself but miscontrolled it into Hourihane path. I dont complain, a goal is a goal 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Zatman said:

well from how I saw it was he tried to trap it for himself but miscontrolled it into Hourihane path. I dont complain, a goal is a goal 

No way. That's 100% intentional layoff. It really looks a set piece training move they practiced

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

No way. That's 100% intentional layoff. It really looks a set piece training move they practiced

I thought so too at first but from the slow motion replay it looks like he thinks he miscontrolled it and tried to go after it for a split second until he realized Conor was running onto it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

I thought so too at first but from the slow motion replay it looks like he thinks he miscontrolled it and tried to go after it for a split second until he realized Conor was running onto it. 

I just thought more than that the way he pointed at Grealish straight  away laughing was like the move came off

39 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

They're wasting time if they're practicing a 1 yard pass to an unmarked player when you receive the ball with your back to goal a few yards out. Thankfully they aren't.

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

Much,much better tonight from John, finding his way back to form.....then Dougie has a dipper.

Who cares?  They don't all have to be 10 out of 10 every night, especially if we win.  

2 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Who cares?  They don't all have to be 10 out of 10 every night, especially if we win.  

I know.

I was just surprised as he has been so consistently good since lockdown.....the win is all that matters, but finding consistency is an important feature too.

• Like 1

Â