John McGinn

PompeyVillan

19 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Might be difficult to sign him if Celtic are interested too. I know when they sign players, they always mention the lure of (getting battered in the) Champions League is too much.

Well according to the report both he and his club would prefer to see him move to the championship so if it comes down to a choice it looks like he will join us ahead of celtic. 

Just now, villa89 said:

Great to see we are still keeping with our philosophy of having an enormous unsustainable wage bill. 

Looking at that Hibs forum I think if we offer 4m for him and pay him 10k a week it is likely blowing Celtic away. There isn't a lot of money in Scottish football.

25 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Might be difficult to sign him if Celtic are interested too. I know when they sign players, they always mention the lure of (getting battered in the) Champions League is too much.

And this season due to EUFA removing the cup tied rule, he could play for Celtic when they drop down into the Europa League

42 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

First player im genuinely really excited about coming to Villa in a long time.  He would have cost allot more if he wasn't in the last year of his contract. 

And if he wasn't coming from Scotland

• Like 1

Â