John McGinn

PompeyVillan

1 hour ago, Larscapaldi said:

Was it no pen or debatable?

I definitely thought it was a pen.  It was shoulder to shoulder but he just ran him over. Judging VARs use this weekend the Prem is looking to minimize it's interference. It's gonna take a lot to overturn a refs decision on the field. 

• Like 1

I’ve posted here before that I’m a St Mirren fan that just comes in to read all the plaudits McGinn takes from the forum, and I love reading them. Strange sense of pride watching him line up as a first team starter in a Premier League team, and even better he got a goal. It’s a shame Spurs never played Wanyama in midfield because McGinn has  previous for absolutely bodying him, and that was when he was 18. 

• Like 1

Wonderful player , but need to release the ball to teammates faster , more like  De Bruyne, as Mcggin often try to carry the ball forward himself too much  , he may have the legs but it will not be as easy as compare to when in championship. 

2 hours ago, Digavilla said:

Wonderful player , but need to release the ball to teammates faster , more like  De Bruyne, as Mcggin often try to carry the ball forward himself too much  , he may have the legs but it will not be as easy as compare to when in championship. 

I think we’ll see that against Bournemouth next week. 

6 hours ago, SaintMcGinn said:

I’ve posted here before that I’m a St Mirren fan that just comes in to read all the plaudits McGinn takes from the forum, and I love reading them. Strange sense of pride watching him line up as a first team starter in a Premier League team, and even better he got a goal. It’s a shame Spurs never played Wanyama in midfield because McGinn has  previous for absolutely bodying him, and that was when he was 18. 

Not sure if i want to know more?  Boarding school, fishing trip? 

carry on teacher GIF

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Villarocker said:

McGinn is quality and should definitely have had a penalty when their player just flattened him. 

And if not a penalty a definite free kick because the guy whom got robbed by McGinn held his shirt long enough to make sure Mcginn didn’t get to the ball comfortably. 

Stone wall pen I was screaming. didn't even go to VAR. This was at 1-0 as well..........2-0 we would have saw it home.

however they soon pressed the VAR button to accuse him of stamping. that little shit walker peter should get some retrospective action for trying to get McGinn sent off. That was squeeky botty time.

McGinn looked very comfortable at prem level, there's more to come from him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I worry we will lose him after the season.

Don't worry.

Enjoy him while he's here. If we lose him we'll get a shit load of money for him.

Until we're amongst the best clubs in the league, which may or may not ever happen, we'll always lose players who are very very good.

The alternative is that he doesn't play that well, so we may as well enjoy it.

• Like 1

I can understand the worry he might move on but whilst you have him, enjoy him and use his abilities to get a firm foothold in the top league.

One thing for sure, which he showed at us and St Mirren before, is that despite talk of transfers he will give you 100%......a true professional.

Â