John McGinn

PompeyVillan

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Had a feeling that this might get announced today, takes away from some of the disappointment that might be felt if we don't sign anybody.

Even if this is the case, I'm still chuffed about the window we've had. SJM staying is just a nice little cherrie on the top. Any new signings is just bones.

Amazing news, he deserves to be well rewarded for last season. A 5 year contract is sometimes a bit of a risk and I'm usually a bit wary of them, as we have been stung badly by 5 year contracts in the past. I'm not worried about McGinn though, his attitude is superb and he has the ability to play at the top level for the rest of his career. We've obviously also protected an asset, if one of the bug boys come calling they'll have to pay too dollar for him.

Good move by the club. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, useless said:

Had a feeling that this might get announced today, takes away from some of the disappointment that might be felt if we don't sign anybody.

I don’t think anyone can be disappointed with the last few months. Probably the best time I’ve ever had following villa.

I think whatever happens we will have had a good transfer window, but if we don't sign anyone today, then i think people are going to be disappointed, just because the talk of us making a big signing up front will have caught their imagination. As much as I'd like another striker, I don't think Wesley, Kodjia, and Davis is a bad selection at all.

1 hour ago, PompeyVillan said:

We've obviously also protected an asset, if one of the bug boys come calling they'll have to pay too dollar for him.

Good move by the club. 

Those bugs from Starship Troopers obviously like a bargain. I was hoping Villa might be looking a little more than that??😮

Edited by striker
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, VILLAMARV said:

*said by David Attenborough*

“Taken by the world’s fastest high speed camera, this photo finally captures an image that reveals the McGinn’s totally unique running style. The McGinn is also displaying his mating plumage, in readiness for his productive season.”

What I like is that it's a 5 year deal. Whenever we have dished out 5 year deals before it's been to completely unsuitable recipient's, has generally gone wrong and been a disaster for us. 

It's just very very hard to see McGinn suddenly developing a bad attitude or turning to complete shit. 

Protects our position so no one can bide their time and bend us over a barrel and I can't think of a player more deserving of the reward of a nice fat long term deal. 

11 hours ago, Jareth said:

Haha, his wife has seen that face a few times....

Nah, his hand is normally on her back when he wears that face. 

• Haha 1

Â