John McGinn

PompeyVillan

£50m isn’t enough. We seem to be getting fleeced when it comes to buying players with the prices quoted, we should return the favour. I think they have interest and I can see why but it won’t be this summer I don’t think, they’d want him to do at least one season in the prem.

I've seen it said that football agents use Nixon to get their clients names in the media for various reasons, and in return they give him the odd bit of information. And with McGInn in talks over a new deal, I wouldn't be surprised if this all part of some negotiating tactic to get McGinn as lucrative of a new deal as possible.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

If we can't replace mcginn with £50 million then i worry about our setup. 

I mean, the story isn't true is it. But let's play anyway.

Wouldn't Man Utd be buying that player? As much of a carcrash they are, surely they've got a wider network of scouts than our three blokes.

£50m + Tuanzebe and I'll come to the party.

I actually think McGinn could take some time to get going in the PL, but I'm certain he will. He'll give away a lot of fouls early on.

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

I mean, the story isn't true is it. But let's play anyway.

Wouldn't Man Utd be buying that player? As much of a carcrash they are, surely they've got a wider network of scouts than our three blokes.

£50m + Tuanzebe and I'll come to the party.

I actually think McGinn could take some time to get going in the PL, but I'm certain he will. He'll give away a lot of fouls early on.

The story is bullshit IMO

No sell at any price, we need to keep our lads who did well for us and Mcginn is one of them.

I really wouldn't be happy with a Mcginn sale that's for sure.

They're clearly smoking something down at the Sun newspaper...perhaps the heatwave has melted whatever brain cell they share when cobling together the latest rumour. SJM is an outstanding prospect alongside Grealish as they compliment each other really well but nothing more at this point. All potential, but unproven at the top levels of the game - even though I'm confident he'll adapt and improve. 

I know the Man Utd transfer approach is at car crash levels of efficiency these days but really, £50m...you have to be popping something illegal to  publish that "exclusive"...

Well, tbh.... i'm not even sure i'd sell him for £50m if they legitimately offered it.  I don't think we're desperate for cash. We have plenty of money to improve the squad. We already need to replace loads of players, let's just avoid needing to also replace our best player from last season.

I'm not saying his transfer value as a player is worth £50m. But.... there's so much work to do already, selling him would just create another problem, even at £50m.

• Like 3

One, it’s obviously fake. Back in the day on Championship/football manager someone would come in for your player, you’d say only if I was given £50m. Sounds like that kind of stupidity. 

Two of course we would accept £50m it would be ludicrous not to.

I don't believe this story.

But should it come to pass , we buy a player for 2.5m then sell him for 50m ...that's the sign of a well run club....contrast it with it with Micah...who came, cost us millions in wages and did feck all in 4 years.

For so many decades in the UK, flat earth economists would not accept that increasing the money supply increases prices.  Football is the perfect case study.  In relative terms, although the income goes up at the top level, nobody is really any richer. 

On 28/06/2019 at 20:38, MaVilla said:

SJM!

I find it amazing how 50% of the time he seems right on the verge of losing control of the ball or posession....but doesnt?, almost like its part of his playing style?

Great little player.

I love the video but if I hear any more Lewis Capaldi I'm going to elbow my ears into my skull. Give me that crap Euro pop-dance-trance spunk they usually put on. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Â