John McGinn

PompeyVillan

Would rather he conserve some energy for when he has the ball as I think his own game and performance is suffering now...but when half the team do not give two shits it is hard.

Much better to have him rolling his man like he did before and burst forward with the ball than to enslessly chase down other peoples men.

Edited by rodders0223

Really needs to improve his distribution and choosing when to release the ball. Often does such hard work only to be let down by his next pass or waiting too long to move it on.  

Can't really moan about anything else in his game. He's everything that Hourihane isn't.

• Like 2

Guy can do no wrong for me. For someone who dosen't look that physically imposing he holds off plenty of midfield challenges by turning and then running into space.

I'm actually surprised we haven't given him the captain's armband. I get Hutton is longest server but might make him feel more valued here just in case of any unwanted summer bids.

• Like 1

Need him to get booked on Saturday so he misses the Stoke and Derby Games and back for Blose. I have a horrible feeling he is going to pick up a booking in one of those games and miss the game at the sty which I think will be a huge blow. 

36 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Need him to get booked on Saturday so he misses the Stoke and Derby Games and back for Blose. I have a horrible feeling he is going to pick up a booking in one of those games and miss the game at the sty which I think will be a huge blow. 

Didn't need him last time round 💪

59 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Didn't need him last time round 💪

Going to be a lot harder at the sty. They have only lost once there. Let's not fool ourselves and think that will be a walk in the park

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Absolutely right Dem, it won't be so easy this time.

A derby is never easy, they are a hard fought battle, the neighbours always give 100%, we have to match them for effort. If we do that, our extra quality should come through

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Going to be a lot harder at the sty. They have only lost once there. Let's not fool ourselves and think that will be a walk in the park

Oh I'm not kidding myself.  I think we'll get tonked.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

A derby is never easy, they are a hard fought battle, the neighbours always give 100%, we have to match them for effort. If we do that, our extra quality should come through

It's a shame we don't have this mentality when we play against every other team.

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

It's a shame we don't have this mentality when we play against every other team.

We should the same mentality against every team, no matter who it is, where it’s a derby or a training ground friendly, we’re Aston Villa and we’re still the biggest club in The Midlands

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

We should the same mentality against every team, no matter who it is, where it’s a derby or a training ground friendly, we’re Aston Villa and we’re still the biggest club in The Midlands

Maybe on paper and our Stadium etc. As it stands I have Wolves down as the biggest at this moment in time and they will onky get stronger while we sadly go backwards and remain in this league.

Â