John McGinn

PompeyVillan

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

This for me, he gets into the positions but I think its something that can be worked on. He has time as for example Frank Lampard didnt get into double digits for a league season until he was 26

Very much this.

His work rate is unquestionable.

If he can improve in other areas he will become one hell of a player than he already is.

20 hours ago, Zatman said:

This for me, he gets into the positions but I think its something that can be worked on. He has time as for example Frank Lampard didnt get into double digits for a league season until he was 26

Wow. Now that's a stat I wouldn't have guessed. 

5 hours ago, striker said:

I fear Villa will need to get promoted this season to keep him. Super little player and going to get even better.

I actually have faith in wee John to give us at least one more season after this one even if not promoted.

Just seems that kind of character.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Well, anyone who wants him can pay £30m please.

Lad with about 15 first-team apps being linked with Bayern for £20-40m.

Tbf Hudson-Odoi is 6 years younger.

Wouldn’t actually sell him for £55m. We can’t attract players good enough to replace him. The team needs to be built around the likes of him, Grealish, a permanent top top striker and a permanent top top CB.

I don't fear John going, what he's been with us two seasons. Only way Mcginn goes is if some crazy offer comes in for him.

I think If anyone were to get sold it would be Grealish and that would be just to ease FFP. I also think Jack is ready to step up but feel he loves it to much here, we have Mcginn who can easily transition into Jacks role if he does get sold.

It certainly seemed at Ipswich that Smith knew exactly how to utilise Mcginn, when he switched him the  no10 role which had him play further up the field. Thought it was very good playing Whelan and hourihane at the same time which allowed Mcginn to be a pain all game..

The owners don't need the cash, the club might to ease FFP and to bring some cash in for the summer. I feel a heavy loss is on the way if we don't go up, just so happens I feel it will be Grealish rather than Mcginn.

Edited by Dave-R

On 29/01/2019 at 09:02, Dave-R said:

I don't fear John going, what he's been with us two seasons. Only way Mcginn goes is if some crazy offer comes in for him.

I think If anyone were to get sold it would be Grealish and that would be just to ease FFP. I also think Jack is ready to step up but feel he loves it to much here, we have Mcginn who can easily transition into Jacks role if he does get sold.

It certainly seemed at Ipswich that Smith knew exactly how to utilise Mcginn, when he switched him the  no10 role which had him play further up the field. Thought it was very good playing Whelan and hourihane at the same time which allowed Mcginn to be a pain all game..

The owners don't need the cash, the club might to ease FFP and to bring some cash in for the summer. I feel a heavy loss is on the way if we don't go up, just so happens I feel it will be Grealish rather than Mcginn.

To show how perfectly McGinn has fitted into life at Villa, even fans think hes been with us for years! McGinn has been with us for 6 months.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Merson08 said:

To show how perfectly McGinn has fitted into life at Villa, even fans think hes been with us for years! McGinn has been with us for 6 months.

Really has it only been that long, thought it was a fair bit longer, he has fitted into the team and as a player to regularly watch. He is football's flash and loves what he does.

Edited by Dave-R

I entirely agree with you, its amazing how McGinn has endeared himself to the fans so well in such a short amount of time. Only been hear for 6 months, could say he already bleeds Claret & Blue. 

Props to McGinn to become almost as well loved as our own Grealish. 

On 29/01/2019 at 09:02, Dave-R said:

I do rate McGinn, but he's nowhere near a Grealish type player.

He's an all action, big gas tank, active player, who helps the team overall, but if he has any weaknesses its he's not a ball player, or as composed on the ball, he's more of a terrier than a swan. (which is fine, not being negative, just saying he and Jack are totally not the same player types, at all).

7 hours ago, Digavilla said:

In the last few games noticed he like to go alone & shoot from far , even there’s better option around ,  and lose the ball eventually or ran into dead end .. anyone else notice this ? 

Don't blame him. I wouldn't trust any of this lot with the ball.

On 02/02/2019 at 17:52, Digavilla said:

In the last few games noticed he like to go alone & shoot from far , even there’s better option around ,  and lose the ball eventually or ran into dead end .. anyone else notice this ? 

This is what I was saying last week and hoped he may have started to develop his game more, especially playing with "better" players .......having said that he did score some notable goals for us by doing just that ( couple against Sevco and Smeltic stand out ) so hopefully soon one or two of these runs and shots will end up in the opposition net..

What I have seen of him this season at Villa he seemed better when Grealish is playing and when with us he was better when Scott Allan and Dylan McGeouch  were alongside him in midfield...........perhaps he is just trying to do it all and ends up doing too much?

When is Grealish back?

Edited by newhavenhibby
  • Like 2

Â