John McGinn

PompeyVillan

Aye, hopefully with experience he will learn not to over commit especially when he has lost the ball and so reduce the yellow count. He was always like that up here and therefore picked up suspensions.

Also has to learn to see the game out at times and not always try to make something happen ........saw this against West Brom earlier in the season where he ran with the ball to the baggies goal line and then just ran the ball out giving them the ball back........and of course they went on to score with that handball.😮  He needed to take the ball to the corner flag and try to win a corner to run the clock down. 

I'm sure all this will come in time making him an even better player.

Edited by newhavenhibby

On 24/12/2018 at 10:46, Tony said:

Only criticism would be he seems to get needless yellow cards. On 8 now. Is it a 2 game ban when he reaches 10? 

If their is one player vital to our cause , it's McGinn. The last signing I seen make that kind of instant impact was David Platt. Hopefully, Dean has had a little word in his ear.

5 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

If their is one player vital to our cause , it's McGinn. The last signing I seen make that kind of instant impact was David Platt. Hopefully, Dean has had a little word in his ear.

Naaa, Platt's now a fat git who loves Arsenal.

On 24/12/2018 at 10:07, newhavenhibby said:

Seems SJM had another good performance. Only caught the last 10 minutes and he seemed to be tiring but that would be expected against Leeds who as Smith said were the best team you have faced this season.

Good to see both sides going for the win in the final 10 and was unfortunate that they scored.........The move starting deep in their own half following the break up of a Villa attack. Saw McGinn trying to win a freekick by backing his infamous arse into the Leeds player and falling down.......unfortunately the ref didn't fall for it. Certainly good for the neutral but gutting for yourselves.😪

Positives to be taken are that you took the game to Leeds and gave them a run for their money without Grealish........hopefully something will happen to the defensive unit in the January window as that  is where the main problems are.......as I am sure you are only too aware! Think if Bruce had still been there, the game plan would have been totally different!!

Anyway all the best to McGinn and Villa through into 2019 and hope you all have a good xmas.

'mon Villa 👍

I absolutely love the sincerity of your affection for this çlub of ours. Thanks. 

• Like 1

Â