John McGinn

PompeyVillan

On 07/12/2018 at 23:05, AVTuco said:

Could he be a bit more involved?

On 08/12/2018 at 12:20, sidcow said:

I suppose he could be asked to run the line as well? 🙂

I’d say our defence would improve if we just asked him to play fly keeper ? 😉

57 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I think McGinn coped with their excellent midfield three very well. He was in there with Whelan and Hourihane, where Allen has Clucas and Woods.

McGinn will be a Premier League player soon.

Weve only just got Mcginn last season, dont think hes going anywhere yet if your saying another team will have him, the owners said no to grealish, they will do for Mcginn too.

I think the owners and coaches will look at who doesn't fit and who is putting the time in, I think next will be a clear out of players not doing enough on field, sèms like the owners have been sorting out villa from the top down.

Shame we didn't win,  but hopefully in january our new players will provide a massive boost, but Mcginn will stay put for some seasons I bet.

McGinn an exciting player and he enjoys it at villa, his comments on why he chose us over Celtic only reassure where he wants to be rite now. Same will happen with what happened with grealish, ownwrs will stamp a big price on him, to big that no premiere league will come in for him while he's playing in the championship. Think for time being Mcginn will be playing in the premiere but with Villa only.

Edited by Dave-R

I honestly dont think he is capable of having a stinker of a game. Ok, it might not go for him some days, but his work ethic is unbelievable. I think he’s absolutely Class. How good is he? Not yet proven at the highest level, but I think he’d walk in at least half of the prem teams. My favourite player at the moment. We have a few fan favourites at the moment, but he’s so unique as a player, and is a bit of a throw back to years gone by. A proper footballer. 

• Like 1

Helps that he's a total behemoth on the pitch, but I agree yes. There was that other video I saw when he first moved down and he came across as quite a 'young' 24 year old. Talking about living away from home and stuff. Great that he gets involved with this sort of stuff with such gusto.

Captain hopefully whenever Chester is replaced.

29 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Doing the running of 3 men can be quite taxing

Exactly. McGinn must've ran miles today.

I thought Whelan actually did fine today but even in his best games he can only manage an hour and well Hourihane is just missing in action so much in general play it's laughable.

Â