John McGinn

PompeyVillan

He is rated really highly. I havent seen him.. actually i hadnt even heard of him before. I dont watch Scottish football as i think its a poor league (a league is enough shit to watch for me!) 

Can he cut it in the Championship? they say his a powerful midfielder etc etc.. but hes short and weighs like 68 kg or something. 

Is he the scottish version of Woods from Brentford or something. 

Curious to see him play. I hope hes as good as Hibs fans think he is!

Probably just media stirring. I’m sure he will still sign alongside Bryan. Keep the faith. If you’re referring to the article in the Glasgow Evening Times, it says he believes he will get more games at Villa, pointing to a preference to us. 

Edited by villan-scott

1 minute ago, villan-scott said:

Probably just media stirring. I’m sure he will still sign alongside Bryan. Keep the faith. 

Hope you’re right mate......I’m just not convinced either signing is as done and dusted as we think. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

Left footer like Hourihane so unsure how they’d both fit into the team! 

Does It really matter?  Genuine question.

I don’t think I’ve ever considered what footed our central midfielder players are.  Surely it only really matters for wide positions. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, eholm said:

Celtic have matched fee and terms with player.....he’s a Celtic fan as are his family.....very little chance of us signing him now. 

Raise them then!

6 minutes ago, tezzaleed said:

two words.  Shaun Maloney.  

Should be our lesson learnt on the next up and coming Scottish superstar.  wasn't he meant to be the Scottish Rooney.   

Shaun Maloney would have been a star in this league. So if he anywhere as good as Maloney he will be a good signing. 

6 minutes ago, tezzaleed said:

Should be our lesson learnt on the next up and coming Scottish superstar.  wasn't he meant to be the Scottish Rooney.   

And we’ve signed rubbish players from every other country on Earth, doesn’t mean the next one will be.

He could well be the new Barry Bannan, but it would be unfair to think that based on another Scottish youngster.

1 hour ago, eholm said:

Celtic have matched fee and terms with player.....he’s a Celtic fan as are his family.....very little chance of us signing him now. 

I read both he and current club prefer a move to the EFL.

12 minutes ago, tezzaleed said:

We signed one Scottish player who didn't work out so all scottish players are shit?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

We signed one Scottish player who didn't work out so all scottish players are shit?

I'll add to that Steveo..

"We signed one scottish player whilst trying to get into the top 4 of the PL and it didn't work out so all scottish players are shit?

**** hell. 

Â