John McGinn

PompeyVillan

4 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Its probably either him or Luiz who will probably be the next ones to leave Villa. I hope they both stay but we know the footballing food chain. 

I wouldn’t blame him and would only wish him well…

Its not like he dreamt of playing for and captaining our club when he was growing up…

Its his job at the end of the day…

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Its not like he dreamt of playing for and captaining our club when he was growing up…

Yup same. I think he likes it at Villa though and we'd only sell for stupid sums.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Its probably either him or Luiz who will probably be the next ones to leave Villa. I hope they both stay but we know the footballing food chain. 

Your user name must be an antonym.

Get Out GIFs | Tenor

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

28 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Might be naive, but I genuinely think McGinn loves us back.

I'm not saying he wouldn't go, but I don't think it would be as easy to get him, as it would be certain of our other players.

• Like 1

But he jokes that his appearance is deceptive. “The Tyrone Mings six-pack,” he says, “is something I might never achieve”. His body is different but it has also been the making of him. “I don’t think anyone runs the way I do,” he says. “I don’t think anyone has a backside the size of me. The easy perception of me when I’m not playing well is, ‘Oh, he’s not athletic, he’s not mobile’. That couldn’t be further from the truth. I am as fit as I have ever been. I feel I am as quick as I have ever been. The body shape one is also a challenge I have had to overcome and something I do use to prove people wrong.”
He listens to the sports scientists and many over his career have had a different view on what he might do. But understandably he is keen to keep what he calls “my unique style of play”. “I try to be different to the players in the league - and at the same time improve.” “There’s certainly a pressure from the outside that every footballer should be ripped to shreds. I have always been comfortable – until Aston Villa got Kappa as their shirt manufacturer, then it started to become more of a challenge! I would like to see some of the pundits who slag off my body try on a medium-size Kappa shirt. It certainly has its own challenges. I enjoy the physical side of the game. If I wasn’t athletic enough I don’t think I would be able to compete with these guys.”

Glad he mentioned this. The comments on him being overweight if he ever hit a bad run of form always annoyed me. 

Edited by Farlz
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I wish the interviewer dug a little into that 'European football next season' quote. Worried.

It did come across a little bit as a veiled threat. But often these interviews get slightly lost in translation to the written word, so hopefully he didn't mean it as bluntly as "I want European football or I'm out of here"

Â