John McGinn

PompeyVillan

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

My concerns. We've seen it before. He's either 10 out of 10 which we've seen before this season and I've been ecstatic and full of praise for him or he's 2 out of 10.

I've never known a midfielder go from one game tackling scoring box to box to the next game having about 15 passes in 90 minutes and being absolutely invisible.

I hope it's the coaching and more sustained performances at a higher level become the norm but I have my doubts. 

It definitely helps him playing as an right rather than as a 6. That was actually one of Deano's biggest flaws, he failed to realise that our midfield isn't equipped to play with two 6s (I suppose Nakamba and Luiz would work, but then you'd have to drop both Ramsey and McGinn and we'd have no real ball carriers).

7 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

My concerns. We've seen it before. He's either 10 out of 10 which we've seen before this season and I've been ecstatic and full of praise for him or he's 2 out of 10.

I've never known a midfielder go from one game tackling scoring box to box to the next game having about 15 passes in 90 minutes and being absolutely invisible.

I hope it's the coaching and more sustained performances at a higher level become the norm but I have my doubts. 

Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe GIFs | Tenor

He seems to be happy in this midfield because he has Marv behind him and JJ the other side.  And he is quite obviously being told to pass shorter distances. That said based on the fact that he is wildly inconsistent i am not going to say he has improved under Gerrard. Good so far and i hope it continues

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Under SG he has the perfect platform to go and become the next £100m player - would not be surprised if we were fending off bids this summer - he'd improve most if not all PL teams. 

£100m aside. Absolutely baffling. On his day, he's bloody good. It'd going to take more than a couple of good appearances to convince me he can sustain it, when we've seen this rollercoaster of form from him many times over the years.

As for the £100m, absolutely ludicrous. If he's ever sold for that much, I'll donate £1000 to a charity of your choice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

100% - been our best central midfielder since he joined the club. Of course he has off days - all footballers do - but I’m struggling to think of a better bargain than SJM for £2.5m.

£2.5m!

Steve Bruce can get it right occasionally.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jareth said:

I see that sort of thing and just think about the massive poos that would come out of such a back end. 

Were you on international duty with France a couple of weeks back?

Â