John McGinn

PompeyVillan

On 30/08/2021 at 09:59, sparrow1988 said:

Yeah, in all likelihood they probably won't but vaccines are non-live strains of the virus so the effects are the same as getting the virus itself only milder and then if you do contract it then the symptoms are minimised even further. 

This is not true at all in the case of covid19. My vague understanding is that the mRNA vaccines (Pfizer and Moderna) do no contain anything of the sort, they act more like a messenger service. The AZ vaccine contains genes from the surface of a spike protein taken from a chimp virus which is then modified to elicit the same immune response, rather than de-activated variant of the virus itself. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

This is not true at all in the case of covid19. My vague understanding is that the mRNA vaccines (Pfizer and Moderna) do no contain anything of the sort, they act more like a messenger service. The AZ vaccine contains genes from the surface of a spike protein taken from a chimp virus which is then modified to elicit the same immune response, rather than de-activated variant of the virus itself. 

Absolutely right DDID the mRNA enters cels and tells them to create antigens.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Sorry what I should have said it was they are based on the virus itself. At least that’s what I was told during from someone who works in the field of biomedical sciences so I’ll refer to her on the topic. And the symptoms being similar (vaccine and actual virus) is true according to what I was told. So essentially you can still get the symptoms of the virus based on how you react to the vaccine. Some feel it, some don’t. Anyway, I won’t go any further in to this because it’s not the place for it. 

Â