John McGinn

PompeyVillan

13 minutes ago, jim said:

It was hardly a fluke. 

I would say it was the very definition of a fluke. It required six different teams to all  **** it up in the same season for Leicester to win the league. 

And that is what happened. 

Hasn't happened since, probably won't happen again. 

He would need time to adapt to premier league . He's guilty of concentration lapses which would be punished far more severe in the PL. Expect to see him there in a year or two though, hopefully with us. 

48 minutes ago, Jay.P.A said:

Won't be moving to Leicester. 

Leicester can offer a better grade of football, more money,better pool of players to learn off & a top coach..

silly me thinking JM will say no to the above.

villa have & will sell their better players when to whoever. 

the list is endless. barry, milner,downing,young, just plucking a few..the modern day footballer will go,-fact, & villa need the ££ to plug the ffp -fact.

1 hour ago, Don_Simon said:

I would say it was the very definition of a fluke. It required six different teams to all  **** it up in the same season for Leicester to win the league. 

And that is what happened. 

Hasn't happened since, probably won't happen again. 

Yep, the Leicester team that got played off the park for 70 minutes by the Villa team that finished on 17 points.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cbr600rr said:

Leicester can offer a better grade of football, more money,better pool of players to learn off & a top coach..

the list is endless. barry, milner,downing,young, just plucking a few..the modern day footballer will go,-fact, & villa need the ££ to plug the ffp -fact.

Didn't sell Jack or Chester in summer 🙄

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, cbr600rr said:

So in your head you've just added 2+2 and got 5. 

Just because Rodgers wanted McGinn to play for Celtic doesn't mean his requirements are exactly the same for Leicester. Different clubs, different leagues, different motives. Anyway, Leicester will have to pay way over the odds for him. I'm talking 15m or more. 

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Didn't sell Jack or Chester in summer 🙄

thats because spurs did not pay what villa wanted, the owners took over the ££ crisis & were allowed to invest, now ffp will be knocking again come the end of year.

chester,,no one was willing to pay the figure villa wanted,he looked good next to terry, since terry has retired, chester has been at the heart of the worst defence record from all league teams 

2 hours ago, Jay.P.A said:

Just because Rodgers wanted McGinn to play for Celtic doesn't mean his requirements are exactly the same for Leicester. Different clubs, different leagues, different motives. Anyway, Leicester will have to pay way over the odds for him. I'm talking 15m or more. 

15m for JM, wobble you head..

all depends on what areas BR thought celtic needed bolstering ,he fancied JM to add to their midfield, it makes no difference ,if another prem club wants him..my view is villa can not provide the same platform at this moment as lesser clubs in the top flight, with payments dropping & ffp gripping, ..

2 hours ago, Jay.P.A said:

I'd be waiting for £25m offer before replying with a rejection.

18 minutes ago, cbr600rr said:

15m for JM, wobble you head..

all depends on what areas BR thought celtic needed bolstering ,he fancied JM to add to their midfield, it makes no difference ,if another prem club wants him..my view is villa can not provide the same platform at this moment as lesser clubs in the top flight, with payments dropping & ffp gripping, ..

Lol thank God you're not in charge of player sales. It's all in hand.

• Like 1

It'll be interesting to see if he gets straight back into the team, on current form I doubt if he deserves it tbh, we havent missed him. I like him a lot, but he needs to improve and really hasnt done much the past few weeks/months (though this can be said about most of the team). I just dont think he fits into a possession based team, even though his pressing at times can be priceless. He hasn't got great passing and never seems to be available to receive a pass either.

But, if Elphick is injured I've got a feeling he might just start at left back, rumours were that he has been playing left back in training. 

Real selection dilemma in midfield next week after today's performance. I don't think Smith will put him straight back in.

Also I really don't think he will leave in the summer. He's great for us but still a lot of improvements to be made in his game and I don't think he'd get a move to a Premier League team as a nailed on starter just yet.

He has all the attributes to play as a left back you’d think.

Id be tempted to play him there against Blues and move Hause inside. I suppose it’s something they’ll need to work on in training all week should they decide to do it.

As much as I think Hourihane relies on Grealish, he is a different player when he’s in the team and it would be harsh to drop him after todays performance.

Interested to know what others think. I just don’t want Taylor anywhere near our team anymore.

33 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He has all the attributes to play as a left back you’d think.

Id be tempted to play him there against Blues and move Hause inside. I suppose it’s something they’ll need to work on in training all week should they decide to do it.

As much as I think Hourihane relies on Grealish, he is a different player when he’s in the team and it would be harsh to drop him after todays performance.

Interested to know what others think. I just don’t want Taylor anywhere near our team anymore.

I think Chester will play at blues 

14 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Straight back in for me. Three in midfield with Jack and El Ghazi both floating role off Tammy.

Could be an option, just don’t want Grealish to be ineffective out wide. I think you lose a bit when he doesn’t play centrally. 

Mcginn has to play though in some capacity.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Straight back in for me. Three in midfield with Jack and El Ghazi both floating role off Tammy.

Nah, you have to have jack central. Get him on the ball as often as possible. He would be wasted out wide and also expose our full back behind him.

• Like 1

Â