John McGinn

PompeyVillan

Smith mentioned it in a interview how the fans love him because he works hard.

Can he not sit down with Hourihane, BB, Lansbury (I'll leave poor Whealo out because I think he knows what to do but can't move) and say this is how much running you must do.

Stop hiding from the ball. Go looking for it. It's 100% an attitude thing.

John is the only fit member of our midfield who isn't prone to swanning around.

John, you've been doing the work of three for the last month.

If you can step up, do the work of five and carry us to a win I'd be very grateful.

You can even treat yourself, crack on and get that 10th booking if you win it for us.

Occasionally holds on to the ball a bit too long, but then you realise the reason he takes the team on and drives forward solo is because he looks around and knows he is the only player that is worth more than a footlong from subway.

2 minutes ago, Avcol said:

Occasionally holds on to the ball a bit too long, but then you realise the reason he takes the team on and drives forward solo is because he looks around and knows he is the only player that is worth more than a footlong from subway.

I saw about 40 seconds of the game today and in that time he burst forward with the ball and only Tammy was near him and this was on the right wing. In the end he won a throw in and he had hold the ball for 15 seconds for support 😂

On 16/01/2019 at 19:45, mikeyp102 said:

At Harry Potter world today according to his insta 

I heard he bumped into Fabian Delph there but unfortunately McGinn cant speak parcel tongue.

Seriously though, my favourite player right now and i really hope that he doesnt change. Very different to so many of our players.

Like a machine today. 

He does occasionally hold onto the ball too long and is sometimes a bit too ambitious with his shooting but he totally carried the whole team today. He's far too good for this league. 

He’s a wonderful footballer, so much natural ability, kudos to Bruce for finding him. He’s provided with many highlights this season, comes across as being a very nice guy too, quite shy, he’s a great player I think, easily Premier League quality. When McGinn and Grealish link up, it’s a joy to watch, 2 of the best midfielders in the league in my opinion. If only we had a defensive midfielder of similar quality to go with them

He's great.  I love how he manages to do that 180 turn away from a challenge and come away with the ball, like Brian Little used to (though BL did it standing up, more gracefully), how he manages to run fast despite crouching down like a hobbit, how he runs straight up the middle of the park with the ball like Alan McInally used to, putting the shits up the opposition.

I love how he just ploughs on, regardless of obstacles or challenges.  Like a honey badger in a Villa shirt.

• Like 2

Â