Ørjan Nyland

Jareth

58 minutes ago, Xela said:

Why can't we get a keeper who doesn't start absolutely dogshit for us?

Because for reasons I cannot fathom we keep buying inexperienced foreign keepers instead of just spending a million quid on an experienced Championship stopper. Look at who Wolves had in goal last season.   All you need is a half decent championship keeper, nothing more and he would be easy to sell on afterwards. 

We just need a bit of certainty back there. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Because for reasons I cannot fathom we keep buying inexperienced foreign keepers instead of just spending a million quid on an experienced Championship stopper. Look at who Wolves had in goal last season.   All you need is a half decent championship keeper, nothing more and he would be easy to sell on afterwards. 

We'd have been better off with Steer and Bunn

Allan McGregor was available in the summer. Ok, he's 36 but he's started in storming form for Rangers. 

• Like 2

A worrying start last week came to fruition today and cost us two points. It’s amazing how many goals we are gifting away right now. Has to stop if we have any kind of ambitions. Has a feeling of the Gollinis but hopefully he can come good. 

If it was me I’d have him practicing coming out for high balls/crosses. Have him do several hundred in a week and he’ll quickly learn what he needs to do to be successful. He’s bleeding massive so no reason to look so shaky. It’s a big big part of the game in this country and without a doubt he will get peppered now over and over by other teams so it’s something he needs to learn quickly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Doesn't even have to be the Championship. We could get Liam Roberts of Walsall who is probably best keeper in League 1 who is better than Nyland for under a million.

Doubt Villa even send anyone to scour lower leagues for players though some cracking players around.#

If we are going go for Championship keeper need get Daniel Bentley who we should have got before he went to Brentford but Villa Scouts didn't rate him when watched him, he was brilliant for Southend in my view as well!

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2

We have to stick with one for a few games even if they fukc up , let them build confidence over a few games then decide. I don't agree in swapping them around each time they have a dodgy game. 

Basically pick em and stick with them 

Having 're watched the goal there was absolutely no need for him to come for it. Jedi would have cleared it by all accounts and he crashed into Jedi and Axel which made him flap.

Not good start and our keeper choice is  looking like a choice between three differing dog poos.

2 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Doubt Villa even send anyone to scour lower leagues for players though some cracking players around.#

If we are going go for Championship keeper need get Daniel Bentley who we should have got before he went to Brentford but Villa Scouts didn't rate him when watched him, he was brilliant for Southend in my view as well!

Agreed I also think there are some decent keepers in the leagues below. I mentioned Bentley before he went to Brentford but I think that bird has flown now as they would have wanted more money than we could have spent on him during this window. 

16 minutes ago, John said:

Agreed I also think there are some decent keepers in the leagues below. I mentioned Bentley before he went to Brentford but I think that bird has flown now as they would have wanted more money than we could have spent on him during this window. 

Ditto John, i never shut up about him on here and i know someone else didn't (was probably you as well) i also mentioned Neil Etheridge on a bosman from Walsall and look how well he is doing at Cardiff now!! 2 brilliant penalty saves and looking Premiership standard!!

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

Not really the thread to talk about Johnstone and I didn’t see the game yesterday just clips of the goals but it makes our early summer so much more frustrating! Sure the new owners would’ve paid the money for SJ if he hadn’t already been picked up.

Speaking if Johnstone though he also started badly (as did Gollini, who was improving) so we’ve got to hope Nyland can improve and quickly. We’re not always going to be able to outscore the opposition, as became apparent yesterday.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Xela said:

We'd have been better off with Steer and Bunn

Allan McGregor was available in the summer. Ok, he's 36 but he's started in storming form for Rangers. 

To be honest with you we should have signed him around 10 years ago from Rangers when he was at his peak then.

We signed Carlos Cuellar around the same time and MO'N was looking at him iirc.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KSV said:

Moreira has more potential to improve. Nyland is 28 and should be in his prime. If this is his prime I would be a bit worried.

This.

For me, Moreira has shown more in his one game than Nyland has shown in 3.

Time to swap roles for a few games.

11 hours ago, sidcow said:

Should try pinch stockdale from Birmingham, he was good when he was at Brighton.

• Haha 2

Â