Ørjan Nyland

Jareth

Couldn't see the rush to bomb steer out and thrust in an overseas keeper - who wasn't even in the country a week ago - throw in a much changed defence and you had a recipe for disaster. He is an experienced keeper @ 27 though - hopefully he can put it behind him and get more relaxed 

• Like 4

I don't understand the criticism, goal was all down to awful pass From Jedanik, he was a little unlucky the ricochet went in,on another day it goes wide. 

Nothing much else about him worried me, feel like I was watching a different keeper. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Have a feeling he might be a bit of a car crash, let's hope not.

Felt he was dodgy and was an awful debut, let's hope he improves. I've always said Steer would be fine at this level, didn't see the need for this signing, he must do better.

Just been reminded about the high ball which is somehow managed to run away from ending up almost the opposite side of the area from where it landed.  That was a very dodgy moment to be fair. 

Not the best debut and some really poor kicking. Hopefully just first day nerves but I must say I expected more from an experienced international.

2 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Bought for €3 million so it's no surprise he's not ederson. Hopefully he can be as good as Johnstone was last season that'll be enough for me. 

Thought he was £700k!? Either way, it’s pretty damn cheap.

Edited by alreadyexists

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Thought he was £700k!? Either way, it’s pretty damn cheap.

Transfermarkt said 3 million, either way the point is the same, we shouldnt expect this lad to be the best keeper in the league. 

Edited by villa89

Do not rate him and not surprised he's only reached the heights of second division football by 27. Hopefully he kicks on from here. But very telling the amount of balls that were kicked out of play by Chester when they could have been played back. Also a couple of later free kicks played short for someone else to launch long. 

Just now, villa89 said:

Transfermarkt said 3 million, either way the points the same, we shouldnt expect this lad to be the best keeper in the league. 

Yep, totally agree. Benefit of the doubt so far I think, and then if he doesn’t improve we’ll try have to try Moreira, and if he’s not good we’re stuck with Bunn!

Apart from poor kicking and picking the ball out the net twice he didn’t have much to do. 

Feels hard to judge from that performance. But when you think back to how shocking Johnston was for the first few months I think it’s fair to say he might need a few games to settle. 

Still feels a bit harsh on Steel that he wasn’t given a chance. 

14 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Seen much of him before today?

No never seen him play I'm basing it on today's game. If he turns out to be a solid keeper then I'll have been happily proven wrong but he looked awkward out there and his kicking was poor, punching was poor and that was from the few times he was called upon. Plus as I say it was telling how Chester played today compared to when he has Steer or Johnstone behind him. Just not a fan based on that performance. Didn't appear to be an off game he came across a bit awkward. Also didn't help that other debutants had good games 

He was ok until the first goal, which was Jedinak’s fault. I think that shook him up and dented his confidence, because his kicking was suspect after that.

Couldn’t do a lot with the 2nd, that was just a good header. The Defence did not deal with crosses at all well in the match and there were a couple of other chances that our defence did not deal with. That is something that needs addressing quickly.

He was a bit weak on a punch where he tried to run around a scrum of players, he should have cleared them all out and made it his, or left it.

Hopefully he will settle down a bit, but definitely room for improvement.

Not just the kicking... I'm sure he came to claim a ball and jumped right passed it and our central defender had to head it away surprised.

Terrible debut, but it's just one performance.  Let's see what comes in next few games.

Â