Ørjan Nyland

Jareth

Wow i was expecting more criticism of him. To be honest.. i thought this mistake was Karius like and was worse than the cross he missed. Cant blame him too much for the back pass goal. 

Sometimes you get crosses sometimes you dont.. but the drop against Brentford was horrendous imo. I dont care how hard the shot was.. he should have had better contact to prevent that from going in. 

His best game.. he made some good saves but still looks nervy to me. Hopefully he settles. He looks frightened at corners. Hope he improves as we wont be able to use Moriera if we sign Targett and Abraham on loan. 

The GK did well last night. We are so quick to write people off. He needs to be given time. He has all the attributes to be very good for us. Having 30,000 brummies moaning at you is not going to help him reach his potential.

43 minutes ago, villan_007 said:

Think some need to take two or three long long looks at the game and replay it. I think he did very well to restore some of his own confidence and kept us in the game a few times.

Why Hutton doesn't come for that and take the player, the manager and the holte with him at the same time is beyond me, instead of trying to do some Brazilian bicycle kick clearance. It's hanging in the air attack it and get rid.

Yep thought he did well. Thought that was a good stop for their 2nd goal...it was a fierce shot from pretty close in.

Johnstone was also written off early days on here so hopefully the early criticism of nyland bodes well. 

• Like 1

This guy ain't much good.

Don't care about the goal. Blasted at him from 7 yards. Very tough.

But the low save to his right, and the late header. Technique all over the place. Not good at all.

4 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

This guy ain't much good.

Don't care about the goal. Blasted at him from 7 yards. Very tough.

But the low save to his right, and the late header. Technique all over the place. Not good at all.

What was wrong with the save low to his right? I thought it was a great save, particularly as the ball skipped off the turf just before it reached him.

Yes, the last save from the header wasn't great, I guess there is no such thing as a bad save but the technique, the way he bent down, the positions of his hands, it was all bizarre and it was lucky it didn't bounce in. He got nowhere near being behind it, it was weird. I am hoping it is nerves but it all looks so unorthodox.

Still, the saves he did make will do him the world of good hopefully.

22 minutes ago, cb_82 said:

Financial experts, goalkeeper experts, tactical experts...........i bet you are amazing at your own jobs

pretty shit at mine though. Good at FM though

• Like 1

I was very pleased to see that he made a couple of top class saves. Despite the second goal being a mistake of his in my eyes, some of the other saves were better than I ever saw Sam Johnstone do last season. I was worried that Nyland would turn out to be a disaster for us, so it was very good, a relief, to see that he has this potential. Now he has to work on being more commanding and to come out more decisive on crosses and corners. He should watch videos of Brad Friedel and how he shouted "AWAY" every time a ball came into the penalty area. Nyland gets bullied at corners which isn't acceptable, he is big and strong enough not to let that happen.

He looked almost terrified when he went out on the pitch yesterday, and looked nervous during the game. He needs to beef up his confidence quickly. I want to see him shout more and be more angry (towards the opponents) to give a more confident impression.

Regarding his kicking I remember one clearence in the first half that was a bit short, and one in the second that went way too far directly to their keeper. Otherwise I thought it was very good, nothing at all to complain about (and compare that kicking to Guzan that we had in the PL). He was also quick out to start attacks.

All in all he showed that he has potential, be more commanding and he can come good for us. 

3 hours ago, KJT123 said:

What was wrong with the save low to his right? I thought it was a great save, particularly as the ball skipped off the turf just before it reached him.

Kept it out but very nearly went straight through his hands.

Looks nervous a lot of the time, even with his reactionary saves. Hope he settles down.

2 hours ago, omariqy said:

Am I actually seeing VT posters critiquing an international goalkeepers technique for saving shots? Shots that he kept out of the goal that were good saves? 

I can critique 79-time international Mile Jedinak's general football technique as well if you want? That's what forums are for.

38 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I can critique 79-time international Mile Jedinak's general football technique as well if you want? That's what forums are for.

Nothing wrong with that if he does something wrong. But to critique the way someone makes a save is very weird. Like saying Chester getting 100% tackle success rate but people saying 'oh he should tackle with the side of his foot not the front'.

19 hours ago, AVTuco said:

Better than before, but I still don't think he's good enough. He'll always have a mistake or two in him.

That's exactly what i think after seeing him play.

Made some good saves yesterday but as you said, he always seem to have a mistake or two in him.

Â