Ørjan Nyland

Jareth

To be honest, Mapau shouldn't of even been on to score, in my eyes the linesman and ref severely messed up with the stamp/harassing behaviour on Mcginn and it's come back to haunt us.

The game could have easily been more out of our reach but My land has made some very good saves.

I was about to say: I think we have just been very unlucky tonight because we outplayed them pretty much every step of the way. ( then kodjia happened, you beauty)

We deserved it, but I'm happy for the point.

2 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I am not convinced by him whatsoever

He lacks everything that we had in Sam Johnstone last season.

Lacks presence, distribution,aggression and belief.

Johnstone was, abysmal at distribution and also had an weak start. Honestly don't understand how Steer was left to fly. 

Just now, mykeyb said:

Don't agree with some of the criticism. Thought he did ok.

He directly caused the 2nd goal, and only 2 minutes later he again flubbed a shot that he luckily got bailed out by the post. Unfortunately keepers are judged on their errors, and he almost had 2 errors that led to goals. 

4 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I am not convinced by him whatsoever

He lacks everything that we had in Sam Johnstone last season.

Lacks presence, distribution,aggression and belief.

It took Johnstone 6 months to find a lot of those attributes you just mentioned.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, daggy_333 said:

It took Johnstone 6 months to find a lot of those attributes you just mentioned.

2 minutes ago, Dale said:

Johnstone was, abysmal at distribution and also had an weak start. Honestly don't understand how Steer was left to fly. 

Fair point guys!

5 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

He directly caused the 2nd goal, and only 2 minutes later he again flubbed a shot that he luckily got bailed out by the post. Unfortunately keepers are judged on their errors, and he almost had 2 errors that led to goals. 

tuanzebe was at fault for that goal! not sure where elmo was but their LB had a free run at him, he stepped up in to no mans land, easy ball in to the LW, done him with the megs, tons of time for the shot

add to that hutton has drifted away from maupay to cover the far post which is ok but he should be screaming at jedinak to drop to cover the man he's left

Would need to see another replay really but my impression during the game was that he did well to keep the initial shot out - it was hit hard from point blank range. Made 2 other good saves after that to keep it 2-1

• Like 1

Â