Ørjan Nyland

Jareth

4 minutes ago, villarocker said:

He was poor IMO and that's probably why he's only played 11 games since leaving us. 

Not a good time in terms of a structured disciplined period of ownership. Hindsight is wonderful but it all makes sense now. 

6 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Okay I haven’t followed Stockdales career since he left Brighton, but having been a Brighton and villa follower I had seen enough of Stockdale when he was there to know he was really good before he left, but yes Matt Ryan is a class above stockdale, however, I put this to you all, Stockdale or Nyland? 

We already have a Stockdale. He is a goalkeeping Micah

3 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I hope the lad works out but so far, sadly, for me he is the third choice keeper. he has had serious errors both games he has played. Thats really not good. 

Still early days but really can’t see how’s he better than Steer. Hope its just a shaky start (although being shaky at this age isn’t a good sign). From Morreira yes, but not from the so called experienced keeper.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

What was his error vs Wigan? Jedinak played him a hospital pass

Thats fair. I was thinking of his kicking that game. Slicing the ball out three times in a row from our own goal kicks was pretty poor. I hope it is all just nerves.

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

What was his error vs Wigan? Jedinak played him a hospital pass

Jedinak made an absolute clanger no doubt about it, but i still made Nyland favourite for the ball to be honest. He looked weak in the challege. 

On Jedinak, but the keeper could maybe have done better imo. 

On 19/08/2018 at 22:19, ciggiesnbeer said:

I hope the lad works out but so far, sadly, for me he is the third choice keeper. he has had serious errors both games he has played. Thats really not good. 

And of course it’s never happened in the entire history of football that a new keeper has made a few mistakes in early games but gone on to be good in tne longer term, has it?

Fir pity’s sake, people need to get off his back.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, av1 said:

Jedinak made an absolute clanger no doubt about it, but i still made Nyland favourite for the ball to be honest. He looked weak in the challege. 

On Jedinak, but the keeper could maybe have done better imo. 

Yes, weak in the challenge and also when the ball was in the box at one point he misjudged a straight forward catch and ran under the ball.

20 hours ago, briny_ear said:

And of course it’s never happened in the entire history of football that a new keeper has made a few mistakes in early games but gone on to be good in tne longer term, has it?

Fir pity’s sake, people need to get off his back.

It happened with Sam Johnson so yeah of course! I hope he comes good as I said. 

Not sure how I am on his back though. I mean he has had two bad performances. Me saying so politely on a fan forum is hardly going to concern a professional athlete.

Another mistake by Nyland whoever scouted him needs sacking. 

He just looks nervous everytime something comes at him. Isn't a sign of a confident keeper

Good save earlier but loses concentration too quick

Edited by Villan4Life

Â