Ørjan Nyland

Jareth

1 hour ago, Tommo_b said:

Should try pinch stockdale from Birmingham, he was good when he was at Brighton.

He is about 20stone now and on £50k  a week at the Zulu's

He lost his motivation as soon as he left promoted Brighton to go Birmingham on over double the money and Brighton replaced him with much better keeper in Matthew Ryan.

Do we really want to go down this route for fat tat and massive wages?

Plus he isn't that good he had a very good season a few years back but so do many other keepers :)

Edited by Villan4Life

The Moreira fella seems to have more about him mentally, even if he's raw and makes mistakes. It's not a great set of options really. I'd continue with Nyland for now, and Moreira in the cup until the first international weekend and then see how they're doing. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I just don’t get the logic of signing two totally untested keepers when there are so many adequate keepers knocking about 

Totally agree.  Madness to take a risk on two unproven keepers.  What an earth was he thinking?

2 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

Honest opinions, was Steer that bad?

Steer wasn’t that bad but his injury problems are a risk to stick with him - nyland needs a couple of clean sheets to settle him down - looks very nervy at the moment , too early to judge him yet but certainly needs to improve .

Okay I haven’t followed Stockdales career since he left Brighton, but having been a Brighton and villa follower I had seen enough of Stockdale when he was there to know he was really good before he left, but yes Matt Ryan is a class above stockdale, however, I put this to you all, Stockdale or Nyland? 

6 hours ago, villarocker said:

What this keeper needs is someone like John Terry playing in front of him. JT will organise the defence and the keeper and help him settle. He'll also help him cut out the errors. 

He is 28 years old he should be able to organize a defence by this point. It's his job.

23 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Okay I haven’t followed Stockdales career since he left Brighton, but having been a Brighton and villa follower I had seen enough of Stockdale when he was there to know he was really good before he left, but yes Matt Ryan is a class above stockdale, however, I put this to you all, Stockdale or Nyland? 

Nyland (as have give him more of a chance) but if had a choice... neither as better keepers round that both

15 hours ago, terrytini said:

He’s nearly 28 !

:lol: I had to laugh when I read him referred to as a "kid" and "lad". Ditto when I saw "coaching" mentioned. Christ on a bike, this is a keeper Bruce has apparently been after for four years - which unless it's Brucian Time Measurement means he wanted him at Hull as well - who should be the close to the complete article.

At this stage, he shouldn't be considered to be an improver, or, that awfully Brucism, "one for the future". He should be a mature keeper with his age and apparent experience. It'll be interesting to see if he gets his act together in the next game or two because if he doesn't that will take us to the 25th on his second game and still gives us time to loan him out. :crylaugh: Maybe we can persuade the filth to take him.

• Like 1

I said when he first joined that I felt he'd be a car crash and he's proving that so far, absolutely no better (and potentially worse) than Steer. We simply can't have a keeper who is going to directly cost us goals from the get go, reminds me of Gollini.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I said when he first joined that I felt he'd be a car crash and he's proving that so far, absolutely no better (and potentially worse) than Steer. We simply can't have a keeper who is going to directly cost us goals from the get go, reminds me of Gollini.

Gollini was better and at least young enough to be a prospect.

• Like 1

Golloni only made one clanger in booting it into someones head and the ball unfortunately looped back over him into an empty net. He didnt really do much else wrong, certainly didnt look shakey every time he came for a cross like Nyland does, and he made better saves than Sam Johnstone in his short time in the team. Was written off far too early, was just a case of the new manager wanting his own players rather than doing anything wrong.

• Like 3

Â