Ørjan Nyland

Jareth

Agree, if he says the first one it's a total worldy.

He was very good when under pressure with his feet, he works well with Axel in tight spaces when the press is on. That's where a lot of our attacks will come from, being pressed there leaves gaps behind the players pressing. 

Also agree he has no command of his area in the air and makes some terrible decisions about coming for crosses or out with his feet. Young though so I'd expect that part of his game to improve, stuff like Forest's last goal was horrendous and something you never want to see from a keeper. He isn't the root of all evil though ay.  

38 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Also agree he has no command of his area in the air and makes some terrible decisions about coming for crosses or out with his feet. Young though so I'd expect that part of his game to improve, stuff like Forest's last goal was horrendous and something you never want to see from a keeper. He isn't the root of all evil though ay.  

He is 28 

3 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Usually the kind of age a keeper matures is late twenties? Or am i being old school there?

Top 8 Premier League teams only 2 have startimg goalkeepers that are older than Nyland thats Patricio and Lloris who is declining

Some people seem to be going around in circles so let me help you out, he's shit, in fact, worst than shit, he has cost us lots of points so far this season and cannot do the very basics when it comes to commanding his area and claiming crosses, he also has a penchant for letting in very saveable soft goals, i.e. shots from range that he has time to see/ are right next to him and shots at his near post.

The sooner this utter clown is replaced the better.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah let’s not start pretending that a game where he DOESN’T drop a clanger is automatically a good game. 

Indeed he stopped couple of shots, its not because he didn’t drop a clanger.

I’m not saying he’s a good keeper though, he has a lot to prove, had many bad performances. Although he had couple of great saves this season which indicates that he’s a good shot stopper. But those easy gift and commanding his area was always questionable.

1 minute ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I’m not saying he’s a good keeper though, he has a lot to prove, had many bad performances. Although he had couple of great saves this season which indicates that he’s a good shot stopper. But those easy gift and commanding his area was always questionable.

Yet has let in a number of soft goals that indicate otherwise. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Every goalkeeper at this level is a good shot stopper. It's genuinely the minimum requirement these days.

You need to be so much more than that to be a good keeper. And Nyland is pretty shit at most of it.

He did nothing wrong yesterday. But it was a run of the mill performance. He did what he had to do but let's not pretend it was a really good performance.

10 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Yet has let in a number of soft goals that indicate otherwise. 

Coupd be very well a confidence issue. I haven’t been able to follow Johnstone in his first season as most of games weren’t shown. But as I read he did have a bad start with us, yet we’re all gutted he left after what we saw last season.

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Every goalkeeper at this level is a good shot stopper. It's genuinely the minimum requirement these days.

You need to be so much more than that to be a good keeper. And Nyland is pretty shit at most of it.

He did nothing wrong yesterday. But it was a run of the mill performance. He did what he had to do but let's not pretend it was a really good performance.

I’m trying to be positive as I can. If you offered me a proven keeper I won’t say no at all. Its just that we’re a bit happy that he’s somehow having a better games. Although he has a lot to improve.

• Like 1

The people complaining about that first goal need to put on glasses. Unless the keeper is lucky to be standing in the exact spot where the shot goes in there's no way he's saving that. I don't get all this moaning about things that aren't even an issue. Sure, he's not been great. Neither has most of our fan base towards him when he's got defenders ahead of him making idiotic mistakes. If I was a winger I'd love playing against our team because we've got two backs who defend with no concern about what's going on behind them or covering their man in dead ball situations. 

Hutton can fall over on top of the ball, leave it to the opposition and essentially kick it into goal and it'd still be Nyland's fault. Blinkered much?

Just now, magnkarl said:

The people complaining about that first goal need to put on glasses. Unless the keeper is lucky to be standing in the exact spot where the shot goes in there's no way he's saving that. I don't get all this moaning about things that aren't even an issue. Sure, he's not been great. Neither has most of our fan base towards him when he's got defenders ahead of him making idiotic mistakes. If I was a winger I'd love playing against our team because we've got two backs who defend with no concern about what's going on behind them or covering their man in dead ball situations. 

Hutton can fall over on top of the ball, leave it to the opposition and essentially kick it into goal and it'd still be Nyland's fault. Blinkered much?

Yeah i'm not moaning about the first goal.

But what happens on VT when a keeper falls out of favour is people find ways to blame every single goal on him.

Nyland isn't good enough, but there wasn't much more he could do on Saturday.

Â