Ørjan Nyland

Jareth

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

hahaha come on

It was hit from around 8 yards out into the top half of the net. Nothing he could do.

Comments like this and about his kicking (his distribution has been consistently good since he's been here) show that people will look at absolutely everything that happens and somehow make it his fault.

Really? i've seen plenty of keepers saving shots like that

He still makes me as nervous as hell but he had his decent game tonight.

Nothing he could do with either goal!

What i do like about him is his distribution, no messing about just sets off the next attack as soon as he can.

He even rescued Elmos horrible hospital pass back.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Distribution was very good and had no chance for either goal. I’m still nervous when the ball is near him though. 

2 minutes ago, Nigel said:

He still makes me as nervous as hell but he had his decent game tonight.

Nothing he could do with either goal!

What i do like about him is his distribution, no messing about just sets off the next attack as soon as he can.

He even rescued Elmos horrible hospital pass back.

Agree with both of the above. He had a decent game today but because of the amount of holwers he has made I'm a nervous wreak every game and its difficult to be subjective.

There was a couple of moments in the first half when I though he was really slow off his line, it was actually a cock up by Axel who didn't deal with it but Nyland I thought should have got out quicker and dealt with himself. He seems very hesitant. 

All in all he had a decent game but replacing him is should still be the number 1 priorty imo. 

He wasn’t at fault for the first goal but he didn’t look close to saving it. Im not picking on him, sometimes he can pull out a great save, and sometimes he just freezes at shots. He’s not as bad as some people make out, but he’s not even close to average.

48 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

He wasn’t at fault for the first goal but he didn’t look close to saving it. Im not picking on him, sometimes he can pull out a great save, and sometimes he just freezes at shots. He’s not as bad as some people make out, but he’s not even close to average.

I agree he is not at fault for the first goal, but it is by no means unsavable

• Like 1

Actually had a good game today. Handling from many long range shots was good and nearly got to the penalty (something like saving a pen would do his and the crowd's confidence the world of good). Only a miscommunication with Axel first half you can fault him.

I thought the Allen goal was just well struck from close range so they might look saveable but you need brilliant reactions to keep them out.

Put quite simply, I expect us going into games to concede at least a goal a game (yes I know we’ve had some clean sheets). He’s only part of the problem, we also need a dominant central defender and a better left back. 

He makes some good saves, but this is an area that we could easily improve on. Sad really when we only bought him in the summer so it looks like it will be wasted money.

26 minutes ago, Killeen30 said:

Put quite simply, I expect us going into games to concede at least a goal a game (yes I know we’ve had some clean sheets). He’s only part of the problem, we also need a dominant central defender and a better left back. 

He makes some good saves, but this is an area that we could easily improve on. Sad really when we only bought him in the summer so it looks like it will be wasted money.

I agree with your first paragraph down to the ground but not your second, I think Nyland will come good for us, don't think he's a waste of money. If our defence was better and like you say had a dominant defender then tbe opposition shouldn't be getting shots off like that.

While we're scoring goals it's a well known fact bruce left us in the crapper with defenders, something Smith really will sort out in January.

I didn't see the game yesterday so cant comment on any players playing in yesterday game. Previous games have shown the only defenders we can rely on areTuanzebe and Hutton an even they're making silly mistakes at times. I think it's starting to speak for itself that we truly need a new back line, as the season is half done it's to late too do that but we need to do something because it's in doing our hard work in midfield and up front.

Edited by Dave-R

As Afobe stepped up yesterday, I had a split second vision of Nyland saving the penalty and us scoring on the counter direct from the save. Alas it wasn’t to be - think the cold had numbed my brain.

13 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I agree with your first paragraph down to the ground but not your second, I think Nyland will come good for us, don't think he's a waste of money. If our defence was better and like you say had a dominant defender then tbe opposition shouldn't be getting shots off like that.

While we're scoring goals it's a well known fact bruce left us in the crapper with defenders, something Smith really will sort out in January.

I didn't see the game yesterday so cant comment on any players playing in yesterday game. Previous games have shown the only defenders we can rely on areTuanzebe and Hutton an even they're making silly mistakes at times. I think it's starting to speak for itself that we truly need a new back line, as the season is half done it's to late too do that but we need to do something because it's in doing our hard work in midfield and up front.

I do hope you’re right about him coming good. He’s a good age for a keeper and capped internationally which shows there is something about him. Shot stopping I have no issue with him but his decision making and confidence at times looks bad.

Plus I want a keeper who’ll shout at defenders for letting the opposition get shots off. Yesterday when he did pull off a couple of good saves he said nothing. I like a keeper to get at defenders to keep them on their toes.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Killeen30 said:

I do hope you’re right about him coming good. He’s a good age for a keeper and capped internationally which shows there is something about him. Shot stopping I have no issue with him but his decision making and confidence at times looks bad.

Plus I want a keeper who’ll shout at defenders for letting the opposition get shots off. Yesterday when he did pull off a couple of good saves he said nothing. I like a keeper to get at defenders to keep them on their toes.

I think more than anything with Nyland, he likes to play a clean game, doesn't want to get at defenders by shouting and commanding that area. During the Albion game if Nyland had that aggression he would of gone into there handballing cheater, but he didn't and I think it's because he's as simply just to nice.

I think he needs to get more aggression, more of what the championship requires,  remember most teams who are playing us are fouling, cheating the system gits who have attitude and don't care how a game is won.

Yeah I think if Nyland adds some aggression to his game, we may see a complete different keeper and he may start to command the defenders like your asking for, as well as rushing into incoming handballers. 

6 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I think more than anything with Nyland, he likes to play a clean game, doesn't want to get at defenders by shouting and commanding that area. During the Albion game if Nyland had that aggression he would of gone into there handballing cheater, but he didn't and I think it's because he's as simply just to nice.

I think he needs to get more aggression, more of what the championship requires,  remember most teams who are playing us are fouling, cheating the system gits who have attitude and don't care how a game is won.

Yeah I think if Nyland adds some aggression to his game, we may see a complete different keeper and he may start to command the defenders like your asking for, as well as rushing into incoming handballers. 

The thing is, that’s in someone’s personality. Some have that and some don’t. 

It’s not just in the Championship that keepers need to command their area. Communication is key in that area. 

I’m not saying he’s the total problem, but he is a large part of it.

I don't rate him but you can't fault him for first goal. That was on mcginn made wrong decision on Allen there

Nothing nyland can do with a finish like that. He was very clumsy again first half mind you but made a couple decent stops. I see nyland as more of a number 2 than a .number 1. Just does not have the confidence or commanding qualities I would expect from a keeper.

Â