Ørjan Nyland

Jareth

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

The context is this game, isn't it?  Nyland has been crap for us - we all know that - but these reactions are coming after one game.

FWIW, I actually thought Nyland might have been fouled/Rodriguez punched the ball out his grasp when I watched it but, again, I'll watch the replay first.

Edit:  Now seen properly - it's not a foul on Nyland, but I think he handles it twice.

One game ..... are you sure your a villa fan?? Nyland been critise fir shit most of the season because he has been utter shit

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

The context is this game, isn't it?  Nyland has been crap for us - we all know that - but these reactions are coming after one game.

FWIW, I actually thought Nyland might have been fouled/Rodriguez punched the ball out his grasp when I watched it but, again, I'll watch the replay first.

Edit:  Now seen properly - it's not a foul on Nyland, but I think he handles it twice.

No, it’s not just this game is it and these reactions aren’t in isolation about just this game.

He’s so **** timid. Loses physically far too often.

Even the West Brom fans are saying he’s **** shite and just getting a new GK will be the difference; to try and nip the “vendetta against him” posts in him in the bud.

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

No, it’s not just this game is it and these reactions aren’t in isolation about just this game.

Which is exactly why my first post said I knew Nyland would get stick despite Abraham being more culpable.

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

If you picture Peter Schmeichel for that goal, he's not getting fouled there, he's coming powering out taking ball, two defenders and the striker - he should be more worried about his teeth than his hand in that situation.

Nyland has been fouled, and the ball has been handled, but as a keeper you've got to be the aggressor to get those fouls he should be side on at full pelt with his arms out for the ball and his hip aimed at Rodriguez's chest - if he puts Rodriguez in hospital overnight, he's still going to get the decision from the referee in that situation - when he stands and waits, he's giving the advantage to the forward. 

He's naive and soft for it and it costs us.

Like the goal vs blues when he was fouled but looks pathetic so ref allows it

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bobzy said:

but these reactions are coming after one game

What? No they aren't. People have been slating him all season because he's awful and has cost us alot points. 

Trying to refer to Abraham's misses is just a nonsensical tangent imo. Nyland is shite. Case closed. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Dick said:

If Nyland catches the ball, do they score?

:lol: Well, obviously not. Catching it in the circumstances wasn't what I was expecting from him though. Barrelling in to the mix and sticking a fist on it would do. Unfortunately, he doesn't have the stones for barrelling into a melee. This is a guy that given the choice between playing basketball or netball, it would always be the latter. 

I posted the other day about wanting to give him more time but the same things keep coming back as the issue. He simply doesn't have the physicality or the temperament for the game here. He's not strong or aggressive enough and I don't think even if he 'roids up he'd get enough of either to be worth sticking with.

• Like 1

Just now, villa89 said:

What? No they aren't. People have been slating him all season because he's awful and has cost us alot points. 

Trying to refer to Abraham's misses is just a nonsensical tangent imo. Nyland is shite. Case closed. 

Probably bad usage of England on my part - I mean the reactions being posted right now are coming after this game.  i.e: "Cost us points again".

Also, I'm not trying to refer to Abraham's misses, I'm referring directly to them.  They were **** terrible.

A big soft waster. Sick of it.

Handball by them, but the position he gets himself in is so weird. It's still behind the forward when the ball comes across.

Rodriguez has his hands up presuming he's going to get clattered. If he'd have headed it in, it would have just flown into an empty net.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 1

Â