Ørjan Nyland

Jareth

6 hours ago, AVTuco said:

Made a couple good saves, well done that. But it doesn't change my opinion of him.

So a player having a good game doesn't change your opinion on him?

He's had a poor start but will now begin to improve with a settled back four in front of him. Are you going to hold the first two months of his Villa career against him?

He looked like a different player in front of goal today.  Great saves all around.  His kicking needs a lot of work, especially if we're going to start playing the ball out of the back, but he was a major reason why we got the 3 points today.  Keep it up, son!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wilko154 said:

So a player having a good game doesn't change your opinion on him?

He's had a poor start but will now begin to improve with a settled back four in front of him. Are you going to hold the first two months of his Villa career against him?

It's not about holding anything against him. He has looked horrible to me for two months. One good half won't ease my nerves yet.

His shot-blocking was good yesterday, but he needs to improve a lot elsewhere. If he starts to come off his line (which he'll have to with Chester and Tuanzebe as CBs) and gains (a lot) more confidence, then I'll of course re-evaluate. His kicking will improve, I think.

Some good saves yesterday but question marks still against him, but then I remember when everyone thought De Gea was rubbish when United signed him. Clearly I’m not saying he is going to be the next De Gea before someone throws that at me, I’m just saying it’s easy to judge keepers too quickly.

• Thanks 1

The flapping annoys me. The million times a ball drops into his 6 yard box and he stands on his line and takes no responsibility annoys me. What annoys me the most is that no matter how shite a goalkeeper is you can always trot out the "Well, he's a good shot stopper" line...you can't even do that.

Basically anything that isn't within 5 yards either side of his shoulder height is a goal. He's **** shit. He doesn't even set himself.

Harsh to blame him tonight. Hutton messes up for the first goal. Nyland was stuffed whatever he decided to do there.

The second goal was totally unstoppable. If anybody was at fault it was Chester.

Hutton was awful all night to be frank!

1 minute ago, M_Afro said:

Harsh to blame him tonight. Hutton messes up for the first goal. Nyland was stuffed whatever he decided to do there.

The second goal was totally unstoppable. If anybody was at fault it was Chester.

Hutton was awful all night to be frank!

It's 3 yards to the right of him, what pisses me off is he doesn't even react. There is only one place Rhodes can nudge that and the keeper doesn't even **** react. Where else does he think that is going to go? Rhodes with a trivela into the far corner?

He's **** shite. Utter shite.

Â