Ørjan Nyland

Jareth

2 hours ago, magnkarl said:

At Villa Johnstone had by far the best centre back in the league in front of him. Nyland has small Chester and young Tuanzebe. How do you explain Nyland's better stats in that regard? Some people see what they want to see. If our CB's aren't talking with their keeper it's hard to collect the ball. Terry was a master at this - Chester isn't.

By that logic Nyland is better than Johnstone, which for some reason has become the new golden boy on here even though the same people were harping on about him the whole season last year. Grass is greener and all that.

Maybe because baggies defence is even shittier than ours? Nyland had only 1 save to make against Boro, outside of that he were never tested.

Nyland is making mistakes every other game and that is a fact, the reason we are winning is because we are outscoring opponents

Nyland didn't make a big mistake against Boro so i fully expect him to have a horror show tonight

Edited by villalad21

4 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Maybe because baggies defence is even shittier than ours? Nyland had only 1 save to make against Boro, outside of that he were never tested.

Nyland is making mistakes every other game and that is a fact, the reason we are winning is because we are outscoring opponents

Nyland didn't make a big mistake against Boro so i fully expect him to have a horror show tonight

I don't agree, I think Nyland will do ok but I also realise our defence isn't as good as what it was last season so Nyland is having more to deal with that johnstone.

Nyland has many qualities which the other keepers we've had do not have, Nyland is fast with counter attacking. We prob wouldn't be catching teams off guard as much as were doing if we had one of the other keepers in. Nyland also has a fast reaction time when he hasnt got time to think, thats why when play is on the go hes better than when play has stopped for a corner/free kick. I think Nyland will become better with the things he's struggling with over time, but that's just time, he needs to be given time and I'm happy for that.

I think if we can get Nyland sorted out properly it's one position we don't have to look for another player January. To be honest I don't think smith wants to replace Nyland he is part of the reason as to why were scoring. We are fast on the break only because it starts with the keeper and our keeper has been Nyland, his accuracy and speed at getting the ball to our players is pretty darn good 

Watch him tonight and to everyone who keeps putting him down, watch more than just some thumbles at corners. Pay attention in how we get moving faster than we've ever been moving, you will realise that Nyland is a key part of that movement.

Edited by Dave-R

36 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Like Forest 3rd and 5th goal you mean? He's reactions are laughable

Well as the saying goes you can't get everything rite.

I'm not saying he's perfect, would I take a bosnich over him of course any day, but we have Nyland and he's doing ok. There's a mixed reaction towards him and i can understand that, he does have more to prove and im sure he will in time.

5 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Well as the saying goes you can't get everything rite.

I'm not saying he's perfect, would I take a bosnich over him of course any day, but we have Nyland and he's doing ok. There's a mixed reaction towards him and i can understand that, he does have more to prove and im sure he will in time.

He isn’t really doing okay though, that’s the point. I don’t see any real reason the believe he will dramatically improve.

Â