Ørjan Nyland

Jareth

13 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Fair enough. Do you care to back that up? We have become a joke of a club who make our minds up at the drop of a hat! Look where that has got us? Yep.........nowhere!

Generally we have the best fans in the world but we really, myself included, let ourselves down in certain areas. We need to pull together to try and change our fortunes. I have played football at a reasonably high level. I am a goal keeper. In my view, this kid is worth supporting. 

Agree. The lad makes mistakes but is getting better. Swapping your number 1 all the time leads to disaster, see Sunderland last season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Smith was asked about him. Said he was a great shot stopper but he expects a keeper to be a great shot stopper as that’s their job. 

I think that was the nicest possible way of saying he is a goner in Jan.

Yep I noticed that too. Didnt sound vwey impressed with him. I have to say he was utter shit. What the **** was he doing giving them a free corner when there was no one near him and he could havw just given us a goal kick?

It's like he plays with cement in his gloves. Rubbish shit and the worst I've seen at our club

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yep I noticed that too. Didnt sound vwey impressed with him. I have to say he was utter shit. What the **** was he doing giving them a free corner when there was no one near him and he could havw just given us a goal kick?

It's like he plays with cement in his gloves. Rubbish shit and the worst I've seen at our club

Obviously not seen Bunn then.......Get a grip. We won ffs! Also, maybe google supporter/support/empathy/patience/over reaction!!!!!!!!

Come on man. We won. He did at least one good save. He is improving. Give him a chance! 

Hopefully with the addition of the new goalkeeping coach it will improve Nyland's confidence/ability.

He has had a few shockers but as bad as he has been I still don't think he is as bad as Bunn. 

Certainly a key position to find a replacement if Nyland hasn't improved by January.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Fair enough. Do you care to back that up? We have become a joke of a club who make our minds up at the drop of a hat! Look where that has got us? Yep.........nowhere!

Generally we have the best fans in the world but we really, myself included, let ourselves down in certain areas. We need to pull together to try and change our fortunes. I have played football at a reasonably high level. I am a goal keeper. In my view, this kid is worth supporting. 

Back what up?

He's 28 and most of his appearances have shown embarassing mistakes. His one where he cost us a corner would be laughed at on a sunday morning down the park. 

We would be fools to risk sticking with this guy, considering the points he has already cost us and the pressure he puts us under. 

I am confident a keeper will be signed in january

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Obviously not seen Bunn then.......Get a grip. We won ffs! Also, maybe google supporter/support/empathy/patience/over reaction!!!!!!!!

Come on man. We won. He did at least one good save. He is improving. Give him a chance! 

How is he improving?

He dropped a ball, which could have cost us. He gifted them a corner, which could have cost us and chester saved us a goal. He made one save, which all keepers at this level should. 

So what did he do tonight which was an improvement? Because to me it looked like other performances just that he was fortunate his mistakes didn't cost us. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, M_Afro said:

Mate he is dreadful. If we were playing someone better we could have quite easily dropped points. He made threee massive clangers today. 

I sm happy we won but geeze this guy is bad really awful. We will drop loads of points with him in the team.

8 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I will be amazed if he doesn't bottle the derby and cost us a goal

100%. Imagine the game at the sty, all the abuse he will be getting. He will will cost us massively. The derby is worrying because of him. I expect another clanger tha5 costs us. Has to go.

8 hours ago, DCJonah said:

How is he improving?

He dropped a ball, which could have cost us. He gifted them a corner, which could have cost us and chester saved us a goal. He made one save, which all keepers at this level should. 

So what did he do tonight which was an improvement? Because to me it looked like other performances just that he was fortunate his mistakes didn't cost us. 

Exactly how I saw it

47 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Desperately need a new keeper, Nyland is as putrid as they come, an horrific excuse for a keeper, league 2 standard.

The kind of mistakes he’s making would look amateurish, regardless of level. They’re the kind of errors professional goalkeepers just don’t make, unless they’re mentally just completely lost. 

• Like 1

From what I have seen of Nyland he is far from convincing and needs to improve massively for him to be a long term option for us.

However, if you look at it from Smith's point of view in the 4 games he has been in charge Nyland has kept 2 clean sheets and let in 3 goals. Of those 3 goals IMO only one of them (the pathetic flapping vs Norwich) was really Nyland's fault.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

100%. Imagine the game at the sty, all the abuse he will be getting. He will will cost us massively. The derby is worrying because of him. I expect another clanger tha5 costs us. Has to go.

I hope we have a new keeper by March

Â